Junum Returns

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MistyEyed, May 14, 2001.

1. MistyEyed

MistyEyed Well-Known Member

ok, after receiving my Trans Union results over the weekend and being a l ittle disappointed, I decided I would wait it out and see what I get back from Experian and Equifax.

Well, i got my Experian back this afternoon. Im not sure if I should cry now or wait til Equifax comes back.

They disputed only 2 items (even less than transunion). They disputed by Chapter 13 BK and one other account. The Chapter 13 which "was" due to fall off in February 2003 has now been turned into a Chapter 7 and isn't due to come off until February 2006! They also updated this other account they disputed to be included in this Chapter 7 BK. I am so confused...I feel like they have really done a number on me, but Im hoping someone here can verify that this is a bad thing or a good thing. WHy would they dispute it to be a Chapter 7 and make the date an extra 3 years?

MistyEyed....Very disappointed

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Misty...call them!!! Maybe it's the CRA not Junum, you know how convenient it is for them to change or forget disputes! It is a free call.....
    :)
    good luck

AnnMarie

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Exactly my gut reaction as well! Call, tell them your concerns and see what the deal is! I can tell you that, since your BK is now inaccurate, it must be removed. Let us know what happens when you call.

4. MistyEyed

Well I called support.....

She didnt know what they disputed, why or whatever. basically I was told to mail in my report and she would have someone look at it. UGH, I am so inferiated right now! Meanwhile I now show that I have a chapter 7 BK as a judgement yet half o my acounts listed show included in my BK 13. So now it looks as if I filed a CHapter 13 and a Chapter 7. Well, Im going back the drawing board and doing it myself after this and they better fix this...or Im gonna sick Lizard on em hehe

MistyEyed

5. MistyEyed

That was my initial thought too, maybe they disputed it and now its listed as a Chapter 7 so I could in theory get it removed. My only problem with that is I dont know what they disputed it as. Meaning if they said hey i never filed a 13, I filed a 7 and then I come back and claim i never filed a 7 they are gonna catch on I would think.

This might not be so bad if they would be open and tell us what they disputed as well as the reason behind it even if they dont give us the exact wording of the letter.

MistyEyed

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Misty,
    I would call back and tell them that you want more information. Tell them you are very concerned and the previous answer just wasn't enough.

Don't give up so easily. :) Let us know!

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Call Junum again. Ask for Mike. He will tell you what they disputed and the reasons. You have every right to know and are entitled to know. They have always answered my questions about what they disputed. If he won't tell you, ask for a supervisor.

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Right, that's good advice. Mike is a good guy!

9. MistyEyed

Ok I spoke with Mike....

What was disputed should have been just updating it to discharged like it was done in my Transunion and my Equifax. He said it sounded like maybe the CRA has mixed my info up with someone elses's and more than likely they may now be able to just get it completely deleted.

So Im gonna send this out to them immediately and see what happens, guess I will stick around for round 2 and see what happens.

Waiting Again....

MistyEyed

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Waiting with the best of us! :)

Tell you what, this may actually work out for you..wouldn't it be wonderful to have the BK gone?

Keep us up-to-date and glad you found a connection at Junum!