Junum/Transunion

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Jul 17, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Last month Junum was successful in getting 4 positive accounts removed. I was slightly ticked off. I called Junum, who assured me they would write a letter to Transunion, explaining that they were disputing the amounts of the accounts, not the accounts themselves. They offered me 1 free month to stay. (They have offered 4 free months to others) Today I received a letter from Transunion.

Dear Consumer,

Thank you for your recent request to have tradeline info added to our files. It is Transunions policy to add only info that is received directly from reporting members of our service. Unfortunately, if the info is not from a reporting member that is able to verify and update the validity of the info, we are unable to add it.

Please contact your credit grantor to determine if it is a reporting subscriber and to have it begin reporting your account info to our database.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Relations Department

I am no longer ticked. I am now furious. Junum will be cancelled on Aug. 1. I'll wait for results from Lex to determine if they will finish up all 3 cra's or if I'll do it myself.

I'd still like to know how they verify old negative accounts everytime, but a current positive account they can't verify.

2. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I don't use Junum or Transunion or any others. I simply asked some questions about how things showed on the reports and I also had a letter from a creditor authorizing the "removal" of a delinquency. Well, Equifax DELETED 4 positive tradelines.

1) asked why my first mortgage showed as "conventional real estate" mortgage and my second showed as "real estate". I was afraid that the second one could be misinterpreted as a home equity line or something which it is not. It is every bit as much an original conventional mortgage as the other. They deleted it!

2) asked about a paid installment loan which I thought was appearing as revolving with a credit limit. I only asked them to clarify something. They deleted it! This was a car loan and a very nice reference. I wrote and complained and they say they asked creditor for verification of account which is NOT what I directed them to do! They won't put it back on...only creditor can do that. Paid off in '95 so that one could have stayed on til 2005 or beyond. Now the creditor can't find the records and they are the only ones who can get it back on.

3) had letter mentioned above from creditor authorizing removal of delinquency. Equifax deleted entire tradeline.

4) had account with a creditor which showed Paid/Zero Balance and didn't say it was closed, which it was, so I asked that to be noted. Equifax deleted entire positive tradeline.

I still have dealings with TU so we'll see what happens. I'm very careful now about making general questions about things. I am now very, very specific. And, I'm not doing any online disputes. Those will get you so beware. You need your paper trail!

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

that is pitiful LKH. Pitiful. Sorry that has happened to you.

4. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

This is EXACTLY why I terminated Junum last week-before anything bad happened. They seem to be becoming a dispute "sweatshop" more concerned with quantity than quality.

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey roni - good to hear from you!

I am just waiting for my month to run out, then I will cancel before they can send off any new disputes.

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Sorry!

Don't get me wrong.....Junum did work some miracles but I canceled after they sent out round three. Well, they SAID that they sent it out (and they did) but they lied about when it went out. Then my Macy's account is DELETED from TU as a result! So I know how you feel. Someone did mention that Junum works GREAT when you use white out to hide accounts that you don't want TOUCHED. I don't know why they were disputing Macy's anyway. It was perfect.

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: Sorry!

Really sorry to hear this! I wish there was some help or advice I could give you. But I am speechless.

BTW, I am disputing some minor stuff on my own. Creditexpert has deleted 3 inquiries.

Jim

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I ASSUME you have a copy of "BEFORE" send a copy and tell them to put it back...OR ELSE!!!

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

George - should I send them a "or suffer the consequences" letter?
    I have all my reports. The problem is I don't know how they disputed the positive accounts. Also, I asked Junum to send me a copy of the letter they sent to TU asking for reinsertion, and they refused, saying it was not something they could disclose.

MP- they did some good things for me also. The first round with TU, they got 8 out of 8 deleted. However, it has all been downhill from there.

Jim - As far as Creditexpert goes, I also disputed inquiries on line. The first 2 were immediately deleted. The other 3 I haven't heard a thing about in almost 3 weeks.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Will they disclose it to the judge?

You could send the "BEFORE" and say something like "DID YOU MISS-READ MY LETTER ABOUT MINOR ALTERATIONS TO THE ACCOUNTS....NOT DELETIONS"

11. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I agree with GEORGE after all they are CONSUMER reporting agencies. They have no right to report false items and they have no right to deny reporting correct items.

-Dave

12. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

My God!

My husband also joined Junum since March 2001 because of me. And he got 5 positive items deleted (TU). Junum didn't offer any free membership. First he called Junum and they refused that positive items deleted not because of them. So my husband called TU and was told that TU got dispute letter, that's why they deleted. Junum also told him that they will help to re-insert those positive items for him.

I will tell my husband to cancel Junum the end of this month.

Aux

13. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Re: My God!

When you dispute a positive line (for amount, type, whatever), you face the same risk as when you dispute a negative account...that the creditor won't respond in 30 days or at all...and that the entry will be completely removed.. Of course, that's the desired result if the tradeline is negative.. Use caution, and remember this risk..

14. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I would also be somewhat upset if positive tradlines were deleted with Junum....I have been lucky until now as this has not happened in my case.

I do have a question on this for everyone: Since positive tradelines are a result of a creditors regular reporting cycle (at least for open accounts), won't the deleted accounts simply be reentered on the next reporting cycle?

15. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Not with Trans Union. When an account is deleted from there, it is a "hard delete" and cannot be put back on *even by the original creditor*. After TU deleted my perfect car loan history, a rep told me that the account would have to be assigned a new account number in order to be re-reported. Four months later I yelled about it and another rep said she still "saw" the account and could put it back on for me (!). And she did.

16. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

My only advice is to get out while you can. Then try to do damage control on your own.

17. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

That is very good advice. I don't know if they are having growing pains or what, but I can't take the chance of having future mistakes hurt me. I am sending them an email today, telling them to stop sending disputes and to cancel my membership.

I am waiting on an update from Experian, done by Lexington, which should be here anytime. Depending on those results, I will either send all my reports to Lex, or will finish up on my own.

18. bfllover

bfllover Well-Known Member

LDH--Why junum and Lex

I was curious as to why you hired both Lex and Junum??

19. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: LDH--Why junum and Lex

I was conducting a test. After I started to have problems with Junum, I decided to give Lex a chance with Experian. I haven't received any updates yet, but should in the next week or so. And when I do, as always, I will post the results.

20. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: LDH--Why junum and Lex

Is this problem only happening with Transunion. Does everyone remember the bogus "we know you are using a credit repair company" letter that TU starting sending when we starting using Junum. Could it be that TU is deleting the positives item deliberately. Maybe they are a bunch of sick bastards. Just a thought!

smoochies!