Junum Update (Experian)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

O.k. now I'm a bit frustrated w/ Junum (just a tad). I get a copy of my Experian report in the mail today. I guess they got the disputes from Junum but sent me an updated copy of my report to tell me that of 7 items disputed, 4 where "previously disputed", hence...they won't be investigating those. 3 items (1 collection, 1 student loan paid collection, and 1 paid chargeoff) have a projected completion date of 3/28/01. I thought it would make better sense to move on to other things and go back to stuff that was previously verifed at a later date? So now I feel like time is wasted because they could of moved on to three other things, then went back to the 4 that were previously disputed. Am I making sense????

2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

or they should have at least disputed for different reasons maybe? Does Junum have a support number or email you can ask what happened?

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I work for Lexington but, in Junum's defense, the bureaus will usually refuse to investigate an item for a few months after it was verified. How long ago did Experian originally verify those four items?

4. Cadillac408

Those items were disputed on the first round. So, on the second round, the redisputed the items and look what happened. This was a concern of mine back when I signed up with them. I was hoping that they would try to let some time laps in between items that came back verified but I guess not. Oh well......

5. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Also, Lexington will typically saddle dispute, like you're suggesting. In other words, you're right. It doesn't make sense to dispute whatever, whenever. After the first round of disputes, more care needs to be taken as to what to dispute and when.

6. Cadillac408

You think this could possibly be an inside tactic that they use to get more money out of you? If they would of disputed the other 3 things left then on the next round re-disputed those other 4, I could of been done. But now who know how long it's going to take now. Whatever....

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to me with Trans Union on the 2nd round. Junum did such a good job on the 1st round that only 2 negatives were left. On the 2nd round, I got the same letter from TU refusing to re verify. No problem, it was worth the chance but I expected the letter.

On Experian, a miracle happened, one account that I screwed up and that the CRA verified on the first round got deleted on the 2nd round.

Just tell Junum what you want disputed on the 3rd round when you are ready for it.