Junum Update! (Interesting...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

So I get 2 letters from Experian (I guess my file is long also). The first letter was 1 page and it talked about how Under California Civil Code blah blah blah residents have a right to receive a decoded written copy of the file maintained on them by a consumer reporting agency that includes......

Then there's the second letter is a copy of my credit file and I'm expecting it to be results of the Junum disputes. Basically it states that they are not going to re-dispute the judgment (I disputed in Nov and I guess Junum disputed this month). Then there is a Q&A section and one of the Q&A questions was:

"Can a credit repair company "fix" my credit?"

Guess they are on to the fact that I've enlisted Junum's help. But then it states this:

"According to California law, credit repair companies cannot:

1. Request payment before completing all services (which Junum has)
    2. Tell you to disagree w/ statements on the credit report that are correct, and the company cannot disagree for you (which they haven't but have disagreed for me. I guess that's where the power of attorney comes in?)
    3. Ask you to use a name, address, ssn that is not yours, and the company cannot do so for you (which they haven't)
    4. Promise you new credit w/o explaining how taht is possible (which they haven't)
    5. Dispute items on the credit report w/o your permission by pretending to be you (which they haven't)"

Then it goes on to state:

"In addition, credit repair clinics must:

1. Complete all services primised w/in 90 days (registered right after Thanksgiving...I guess they have until end of Feb? for the first round of disputes)
    2. Register w/ the Dept. of Justice and post a bond (don't know if they did)
    3. Supply you with a written contract stating the services it will provideand the amount you will pay (which they have)
    4. Advise you that you man cancel anytime before midnight of the fifth day (Junum states that you can cancel at any time)

Then it goes on to state:

"If you believe a credit repair company has not followed thise guidelines, contact Attorney General's office at blah blah blah"

So, apparently Experian knows that I've hired someone to do credit repair for me. Why else would they give me all this info? Great! :-(

Then I flip to the next page and it has a list of all the items that they are investigating (11 items total!) and a projected completion date of 2/9/01 for all. It's going to be interesting to see the outcome. Junum has already lost the battle over the judgment (I'm assuming). Sometimes I wish I would of waited to dispute the judgment with Junum instead of on my own. Maybe they could of gotten it deleted on the first try? Who knows....

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Junum Update! (Interestin

Wow, sounds like they are well aware you have enlisted someone else's help, Hmmm I wonder what will happen next. I have disputed in the past and have never received any info like that??

mom

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

MP$40

That is one of the problems that I had with Junum. They disputed items that I had recently disputed. Now, I know that doing that too soon will get your file flagged. So, i pulled out quickly. As you know i had alot of disputes in the past. They never sent me what they sent you b/c I waited between disputes and sent in timely followup letters.

I have read that it is bad new to have them thinking that you are using a credit repair company. They need to be careful to not give the CB that impression. I dont know what to tell you MP. I think it stinks really.

I can also say that Experian is quick to send out bluff letters though. IF they suspect anything they will put one of those lectures in your credit file. Just send that back to Junum and see what they say.

roni

4. Cadillac408

RE: MP$40

I totally hear what you are saying. I haven't disputed anything on TransUnion or Experian other than the judgment. Nothing else. All the stuff that I have disputed was on Equifax (only because it was easy to do on-line) and almost all of that came back deleted (w/ the exception of 1 or 2 things which were updated instead).

I'll wait to see the outcome of the first round of disputes and then decided if I want to continue w/ their services or not. I should be hearing something from All three shortly...

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I just signed up with Junum last night and I hope I don't get anything like that. I've disputed one thing (that'll inform Junum of so they don't) but that should be removed anyhow (a collection that was sold to another company). I've never disputed anything else. Do you think I'll have the same kind of problem?

6. Shantel

P.S. MP$40,
    With Junum, they can always say you signed up for their membership (that includes other things). Also, when you signed up, you were supposed to read those acts and electronically sign them stating you understood and everything that letter said, they stated.

So ultimately, it'll fall back on you or whoever "signed" the agreement. Believe me, they were covering their derriere.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

that means that experian 'sniffed' credit repair company all over Junum for some reason. Why would they say they wont reinvestigate it if you never disputed before? Maybe Junum sent them the wrong letter or am i missing something here?

roni

8. Cadillac408

I did and I agreed to everything and sent them back the signed copies and kept the other copies for myself. I just don't want NO FUNK w/ Experian putting some BUNK *credit repair in progress* b.s. on my file!

9. Cadillac408

No, I did dispute the judgment before in 11/00. Then they obviously disputed it in 1/00. Oops....maybe I should of informed them that I disputed it already and it came back verified? But they knew this though since the report that I sent them was the report w/ the judgment dispute result (which came back verified!). You think they would of moved on to other items and messed w/ that one last?????

10. Shantel

I hear you! Could you keep us posted?

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

dont worry. They did the same with me. Which pissed me off. I called and asked them why they disputed the discover account again, since the updated reported said "disputed and verified." Duh? They didnot have an answer. So I told them to not dispute to equifax again. But as you know i cancelled because they failed to dispute to Transunion all together. Ugh. But I did fear that that would happen to me using their service. I pray that it all works out. I also, fear that is the reason that equifax is 'tripping' on me now with all these multiple envelopes Crap.

roni

12. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I received the CA letter last week, it was the same day I got my results of my disute. I also once disputed a student loan and they wrote, when it was verified: Q why does one student loan appear mor than once on a credit report? A. student loans are reported individuallly by enrollment periods:therefore the loans cannot be combined. Credit grantors shoudl know that the loans ar not duplicates.

That was in Aug. 2000, NOw why in Jan 2001 is that loan and another one now listed as a positive loan? I didn't even disupte them.

13. molly

molly Well-Known Member

eating and typing don't mix!

I believe I disputed the items again at the end of Dec. I wouldn't worry too much. Just wait a while before you dispute yourself, that is if you are going to dispute.

14. John S

John S Guest

I have a total of (probably) 15 disputes at each of the three CRA's in the past 2 years or so, several for duplicate disputes that didn't get resolved the first time (nor the second), evidenced by the soft inquries on my credit reports.

I've never had anyone write and imply that I was slamming or incinuate that I was trying a bunch of tactics just to clear accurate information from my files.

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

molly

The letter that you received, I also received that letter. That letter really doesnot mean much. Experian puts those little explanation letters just to get us to back off. That is different than the letter that MP got. I got about 3 different letters like yours from experian the bums. But my report was stilled cleared except for 2 student loans. I started out with 15 negs at experian.

roni

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

sorry, that should be 20 negat

i started with 20 and now have 2.

roni