Junum update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mt, Mar 21, 2001.

1. mt

mt Guest

I have not posted in a few weeks, but thought I would send my Junum update. I have been with Junum since December 00 and have just recently started receiving disupte acknowledgements from Experian, Equifax and Transunion. To-Date, Junum has been successful in removing the following from my reports (not that most all of the accounts have been previously paid and listed as paid-charge-off). This is from the first round of disputes --

Equifax --
    Repossession
    Texaco - pd. charge off
    Dillards - pd. charge off
    Capital One - pd. charge off
    NCO Financial Systems - collection account - not sure what it was/is
    Berl collections

Transunion
    Discover pd. charge off
    Dillards - pd. charge off
    Capital One - pd. charge off

Experian
    A couple of small things (I cannot located my documentation!!!). Other things came back verified. side note: Experian rep told me that they will accept a letter from the original creditor channeled through the consumer.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. When compared to the time I have saved by not doing this myself, the service is worth it for me. I'll post another update in a month or so.

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Looks like they got a bunch removed. Hope the Experian results are better for me, that is my worst report. Thanks for the update mt. Good luck with round 2.

-Dave

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Experian told me the same thing....that they would accept a letter from the original creditor channeled through the consumer. Humm.....

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Equifax is my worst report

I hope I have as much success as you did. Good Luck, you'll be in "prime heaven" in no time (if you're not already there)
    :eek:)

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Re: Equifax is my worst report

I have to echo the thought regarding Junum. I debated for a long time and talked to Jim (I luv you man!) and he gave me the courage to give them a try. I was going to do it myself but he told me about something he'd done that he "botched" and how he regretted it. So I went to Junum way.

I have quite a few accounts with late pays, but they're all more than 2 years old. I have a foreclosure that I'm just itching for Junum to remove. I said I'd give them 6 months. My first round of disputes are almost done...took 2 months. By the beginning of August, depending of what type of success they've had, I'll drop them and keep doing what I'm doing.

I'm hoping to enter "prime heaven" early next year.

P.S. You will NOT believe this, but I was DENIED a Fingerhut account. They said I have delinquent accounts with them but I don't have any account with Fingerhut. SO they sent me a bill and I'm disputing the charges now. Isn't THAT a hoot...Fingerhut said no...never in my wildest dreams.

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I had a fingerhut account back from 1992-1994. The last item that I bought was a vacuum cleaner (stupid me!) back in 1994. Then when I called this collection agency in N.Y. (can't remember the name at the moment) to make arrangements to pay my Target chargeoff, they informed me of ANOTHER ACCOUNT that I supposedly had with them. I was blown away! I asked what it was for and they said it was an account w/ Fingerhut that I owed $1400 on!!!!!!!!!!! :-o WTF????????????? I then stated that this must be some kind of error and that I only bought 4 things from Fingerhut and all 4 things added together didn't even amount to $300 (vacuum, pair of shoes, and 2 blankets). Where did they get $1400??????? I sent them a dispute letter so fast. I have never heard from Fingerhut or the collection agency about this matter since and this was almost a year ago.

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Shantel,
    I bet your CR and mine are like twins. I wear your same shoes (comfortable). I have had no delinquents since 1995 (except for a re-report from a bank card from 95 who reposted the item in 99). Quite a few lates 30/60/90 even 120 days from 95. I have a foreclosure from 95/96 and that's really why I went with Junum. Let me know how they do on your report I am interested in your success. Good luck.

-Dave

8. Shantel

Hey Dave,

Talk to Jim man, because he said (and I hate putting this out there, but he's said it before) that he had 2 foreclosures that Junum got off his report...the newest being 3 years old. I thought, OH MAN, what do I have to do to get THAT lucky!!! My foreclosure happened in 99.

I don't think Junum has disputed that one yet (seeing as though it's still big as day on my report with no additional reported activity). But I'll SURELY let you know. And good luck to you!

9. Shantel

Oh yeah and MP, this stuff was from 97 and it's NEVER showed up on my credit report. Back in the day, Fingerhut didn't have your SSN# to send anything to collections. But now they're using that new creditor that asks for your SSN#. They send books all over and NEVER require you to sign anything. Anyone can steal those books and start buying stuff under your name.

I had a roommate and I'm thinking that SHE was the one who was using it. She made a few payments (they sent me a statement) but there's a $280 balance. When I called, the rep said, "You'll have to write a letter to dispute it". I said, "Oh, don't worry, I will". I bought a stereo from them (under my grandmother's account) but I DEFINATELY paid that IN FULL.

And I don't have ANYTHING on ANY of my CRAs about no Fingerhut anything! Go figure.

10. Shantel

Oh yeah and MP, this stuff was from 97 and it's NEVER showed up on my credit report. Back in the day, Fingerhut didn't have your SSN# to send anything to collections. But now they're using that new creditor that asks for your SSN#. They send books all over and NEVER require you to sign anything. Anyone can steal those books and start buying stuff under your name.

I had a roommate and I'm thinking that SHE was the one who was using it. She made a few payments (they sent me a statement) but there's a $280 balance. When I called, the rep said, "You'll have to write a letter to dispute it". I said, "Oh, don't worry, I will". I bought a stereo from them (under my grandmother's account) but I DEFINATELY paid that IN FULL.

And I don't have ANYTHING on ANY of my CRAs about no Fingerhut anything! Go figure.

11. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Shantel

Junum may have already disputed your foreclosure. I spoke to a rep at Junum on Tuesday and was told that the most serious, newer negatives are the ones they dispute first.

12. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Shantel

That would make me real happy. Thanks for the info.
    -Dave