Junum Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MistyEyed, May 29, 2001.

1. MistyEyed

MistyEyed Well-Known Member

Well I have posted how unhappy I was with my results from the Experian and TU reports back from Junum with only an update to my BK to being discharged now instead of filed and maybe one or two other deletions. Well I was getting really curious about what my Equifax report was gonna come back with and I just couldn't wait anymore, so I decided to see if they had removed anything or if items were still listed on my report. I went to their site and got a new updated report and I must say if Junum did what it looks like they did, I defintely am gonna stay with em a while longer.

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy - No longer even listed!!
    Judgement - No longer listed!!
    2 collections gone
    1 charge off deleted.

MistyEyed

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

WOW, That's some awesome deletions! I'm impressed. WTG Junum

3. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Not to burst your bubble.... and someone correct me if I am wrong.

But I thought that they didn't show any disputed items until that dispute was settled. So if that is true, those items are not gone but just removed for dispute.

Anyone confirm this??

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

My Equifax experience has been that derogs still show during disputes. After the account details are listed, there is a notation indicating that the item is in dispute and an investigation is in progress.

Then after the investigation has been completed, the dispute notation will disappear. The item will either be deleted or any changes that were made will start showing.

I hope this helps.

Donna

5. MistyEyed

I do not beleive that is correct. WHen I have disputed items in the past they have always remained on my report with a notation that they were being disputed.

MistyEyed

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Judyputy,

I think this is how it works online. If you put in the original confirmation and start an investigation, they will give you a new confirmation number after you check off what items you want investigated. Having said that:

Duringan open investigation, if you put in the original confirmation you will not be allowed to access your file. It will say "we cannot start a new investigation for you". But if you put in the second confirmation number, you will be offered the chance to start a new investigation on different items. You will not see the original currently disputed items online - so you are correct that thier absence doesn't mean that they are gone in real life. If you get a paper copy, it will say "reinvestigation in progress"

But, if you put in the original confirmation number and get access to your report and the disputed items are gone, then they are really gone.

So, I think it depends on which confirmation number Misty-eyed used to get her report.

7. MistyEyed

What confirmation number are you talking of? I did not put in any kind of confirmation number. I order my reports all the time and just get them instantly with no confirmation number. Also I got a copy about two weeks ago and they were noted as investigation is in process. That is why I am assuming they were deleted since they no longer appear.

MistyEyed

8. marci

marci Well-Known Member

9. MistyEyed

I just went to equifax.com and clicked the button on their home page to order my report online. I do it all the time, it costs 8.50 a shot or I also have used their credit watch where I can get up to like 5 copies or something like that for $39.

MistyEyed

10. marci

marci Well-Known Member

OK, I got it! My comments were in the context of a person acessing their report for an investigation - in which you do need a confirmation number.

If you've accessed it from Scorepower and they are gone, then they are truly gone. Congratulations!

FYI, when you buy your credit report and score from Equifax, they also give you a confirmation number in case you want to start a dispute. :)

11. MistyEyed

Also I just did a complete side by side comparison of my reports from last week versus the one I just pulled and I found one more item that was updated to a positive status. Damn I wish Experian and TU had gone so well.

MistyEyed