Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Just got this email:

"Congratulations on being proactive with your financial future and welcome to junum!"

I will keep you all informed of their/my progress. Here goes!

-Dave

2. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Good Luck Nave:) I am a newly recent member too. I am hoping they do wonders for the both of us:)

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I just joined

Did you mail them a copy of your credit report or did you send originals?

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: I just joined

Mom,
    No, I ordered the reports from the big 3 last Monday and I was going to wait until after I received them before signing up...but last night's chat session, getting my equifax score, and Jim's discussion of what Junum has done for him, got me revved up and I signed up in advance of having my 3 reports. Like poker you should always stick to your strategy, that's why I loose at poker too :) When I get them I will make copies and send them the copied ones (althought I am not sure why the originals would differ without signatures or notary stamps etc.)

Melissa, me too! Keep in touch (and I will too) about things that you encounter good or bad. Good luck.

-Dave

5. mother2

I haven't seen my scores yet

too afraid I guess. But at the same time, I do want to know. I have my originals here with me. After disputing and getting nowhere, I just signed up. I hope to have as much success as Jim and all the others here on this board. Good luck to you and Melissa. I will also keep you posted.

Also, what about that credit card offer? Is it automatically sent to you for just being a member? What if you don't want it.

6. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Re: I haven't seen my scores y

Thanks mother2 and Nave:) Best of luck to us all.
    I mailed a copy of my merged report from Monitrust on last Thursday.

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: I haven't seen my scores y

Mother2,
    I have not investigated so don't take my word for it, but I read an earlier message about the card Junum is promoting and there are better cards around so please check it out before applying for the Junum card. However, I believe it is nothing more than a normal sub-prime card offerred to Junum users to help them repair credit. As a Junum user I do not think you get any special rates or incentives - nor is it automatic, you have to apply for it.

Glad to see you with us, there's some extra confidence in not doing this alone :)

-Dave

8. mother2

Thanks again Nave

No, you're not alone. I've been following some of these posts for a little while now. There are many people who've had MUCH success with Junum. But I was afraid to apply at first. Then after this last round of disputes getting nowhere, I signed up. I'm ready for a AMEX card, mortgage...hell I'm ready to a 700 beacon score! :eek:)
    And for those stubborn ones that Junum cannot delete, well I may use Lexington. How many rounds do you take before you decide to cancel membership?

I have 2 cards now so I will not apply for Junum's card. I'm ready to break free out of this "sub-prime" mess.

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks again Nave

Don't know. I have asked that question as well but as I assumed there is no "real" answer. Some like Jim are on round 3 and only found out at that point how many "re-disputes" Junum did and how they could have been arranged so that Junum was not simply addressing the same items over and over. So when round 2 comes for me I will be asking him and other Junum elders what to do. I just figure I will deal with the "length of time" issue after Junum can no longer remove items or their success rate drops really low. Hopefully that will be after they remove some of the sticky wickets :)

Here's to breaking free of the mess. -Dave