Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Christi, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

I know absolutely nothing about this company or service. Can someone give me the good, bad and ugly. It was suggested I might try it with my low FICO> Are they faster, better or what than I could do? Thanks

Christi

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

http://www.junum.com

Do a search on this board under Junum. A majority of the people that have or are currently using their services have have much luck w/ deleting items. There's very little negative feedback on them.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

You should do a search on this site, there are plenty of success stories and a few disappointments early on. And go to www.junum.com you can talk to a "live" rep that can answer your questions

4. Christi

thanks mp and mom

geeez with this lousy score, i gotta start somewhere!!

christi

5. Christi

Jim re junum

I've heard you've had great success with them. Can you tell me, is it because you didn't have time to use them or they just more efficient than we could be. Also I noticed people can get credit for referring others. Are you needing credit or anyone here actually? I'll be willing to use someone's name or whatever they need, if you need the referral credit. Thanks

Christi

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Jim re junum

Christi...
    I'm finishing my first round with Junum..the results I have (which are trickling in) are great! :)
    They just seem to know what they are doing!
    Good luck to you!

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Christi,
    There is a search feature on this board that you can use to find past posts on Junum. For a couple weeks I researched Junum - reading posts - asking some questions to the current Junum users about successes/failures - and found out a lot of information. It appears that they are doing better now than even a few months ago both in service and results.

Anyway I, along with a few others, have recently signed up with Junum. I have no results to offer but I can tell you that if you lack the time and or patience to do it by yourself, AND can afford to pay a few hundred bucks, Junum is a good option.

If not you can find success stories from many people in your situation (or similar) that have done things completely on their own to repair their credit. Ask questions, listen to those who have been down that road and you will get things done in time.

Good luck whichever way you choose, good credit is not impossible!

-Dave

8. Christi

Thanks Dave, maybe not impossible but very time consuming for me and my FICO. My only question is, what do they do that we can't do? I'm spending tons on postage and sending great letters etc. Do they offer more, or is it for people who don't have the time or patience to do the foot work themselves?

christi

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Christi-
    Your question..what can they do that we can't do..I did my own work for some time...and Junum has had one round..and 6 deletions..they must just have the knowledge to word the disputes right or something..because the results were so much better than mine.

Hope that helps.

10. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Christi,
    I believe more the latter. I think they really do "what you can do yourself" and many are doing as good or better than Junum. For instance Lizardking just got TU to completely wipe clean all negatives in small claims court, which of course Junum does would not do for you. Some of the lawfirms like Lexington may do similar tactics but I do not think Junum does anything more than normal procedures.

They do say that they use proprietary, proven, techniques letters and tactics to tackle things. That may or may not be true but they don't do anything you CAN'T do yourself. I'm just really lazy - I would pay someone to push the buttons on my TV remote if I could find someone :)

-Dave

11. Christi

Dave

Hey I'm young and single....I'll push your buttons in exchange for you sharing your credit with me.......lmao.

I'm just kidding, I have to keep light of the situation or I get real DOWN. I think I'll continue to do what I'm doing for a bit and see. I've sent 2nd validation letters and they weren't very nice, hoping for some success. The deal is, all my bad stuff is 94-97. So maybe they won't be able to "prove" anything.

Christi

12. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I spoke with a rep from Junum yesterday. From what I understood, they apparently let the cra's know that they are legally representing you which would probably carry a little more weight than you or I doing this individually. I did some disputes on my own before signing up with Junum and had moderate success, but not the kind of success they have had so far for me. Christie, they currently are advertising for $14.95 a month, which is $7.00 less than what I pay. If you can afford that plus $8.00 per deletion(they only charge you for 5 deletions at a time), I would strongly suggest that you sign up. They are doing a good job for a lot of people.

13. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Dave

Young single and dangerous with a credit card! Wooo Hooo :)

See what happens and then, as ~C~ wrote, use Junum when you find yourself stuck or frustrated - their results can be quite good. Watch our posts about Junum over the next few weeks/months... Jim, ~C~, LKH, Melissa, myself and several others have been, and will be, sharing much information on Junum results.

Good Luck -Dave

14. Christi

Thanks to all of you

i'm gonna go sign up now!!

christi

15. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks to all of you

Yeahhhh Way to go Christi!

I think you are making the right choice, without much Junum experience I could not tell you one way or the other but I think you are doing the right thing.

See you in Prime-ville -Dave

16. mvfl

mvfl Guest

You guys have convinced me too. I have a few baddies that are just too stubborn and keep getting verified. I've been considering Junum for a while so I'll let you know how it works out for me.

17. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I also spent a lot of time reading back posts, and decided to use Lexington instead of Junum. A few of my bad items carry a small balance, and I saw that Lexington offers a debt negotiation service along with their credit repair offerings. It's not too much more expensive than Junum would be if they were getting results (because of the $8 fee per deletion) and I figure if the reporting agencies end up verifying a few items, Lexington might be able to negotiate their deletions in exchange for a settlement.

If this is the case, then Lexington could end up being less expensive than Junum in the long run.

18. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

DaveLV,
    Good to see you again and also good to see someone signing up with Lex. I think we should keep in touch to see how the 2 relate/compete as far as success/cost/time-frame etc. I remember you were in the chat session Sunday, keep popping in now and then, and also posting your results here for us to compare/contrast. We will do the same and maybe we can answer the question of what items each are better at or who is the best for what situation etc.

I agree about the $$$. Lexington can and will be cheaper if you have a lot of items and Junum actually performs but I guess it was Jim Sunday who convinced me with "Each and every deletions from Junum is worth $8" and he is right.

Good Luck post your results.

-Dave

19. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Sure thing. I'll be able to start from the beginning too, because I just sent them my merged report on Saturday, and noticed the first $75 charge posted to my card account tonight.

20. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I'm on this Junum wagon too

I just got tired and frustrated disputing and getting nowhere. I will keep everyone posted. My reports will go out today, RRR (Return Receipt Requested)....something like that. Anyway, Good Luck to everyone! Here's to good credit.... CHEERS!