Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelby, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

I called Junum because I wanted to know if they were going to dispute my inquiries. We have numberous inquiries from applying for a car loan. I thought that I had read that there should only be one inquiry for the same purpose ( car or mortgage) within a certain time period....2-3 weeks. The Junum rep said she did not think that was true but she did say that they will dispute inquiries. Am I correct in thinking that all the inquiries for a car loan should only be counted as one? We have like 15+ inquiries from when we were shopping around for a car loan trying to get the best rate. If this is true should I call the CRAs myself and ask them to delete these or call Junum back and make sure that they will take care of this?

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Why don't you write to the experts on the Junum site? They might have the answer the representative didn't!

3. Saar

Saar Banned

See the FICO-FTC presentation. Car loan INQs made within any given 2 weeks count as one. The question is whether the lenders coded the INQs correctly to show that they were car loan-related.

Too bad the FICO scoring model doesn't do the same w/ CC rate shoppers like us. We can apply for half a dozen cards within a few days; Doesn't mean we're desperate for credit.

Saar

4. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

FICO FTC presentation...what is that?

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

So Shelby, you're saying that Junum is going to dispute YOUR inquires or that in general, they dispute inquires also? Please clarify. (I was going to call them and ask this very question).

6. jason

jason Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised if they dispute inquiries with the creditors. In general, when you dispute inquiries with the bureaus, they refer you back to the creditor.

In other words, I don't think their system includes disputing with the creditors and disputing inquiries to the bureaus doesn't do much good.

7. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Junum will gladly dispute inquiries. That is more money for them. They write a dispute letter with your signature at the bottom.

8. jason

jason Well-Known Member

I don't mean that they don't do it, I just mean that it would be largely ineffective (unless they're disputing with creditors directly.)

9. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Jason,
    Thanks for your comments. However, there are many people here that have disputed inquires with the CRAs and had them removed WITHOUT going back to the original creditor.

To those who have done this (since I haven't) please validate this.

Thanks!

10. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

That would be me! I had 4 inquirie within 3 months on Trans Union. I called and explained to the rep that since I already had 2 cards with MBNA, it was highly unlikely that I would be requesting even more credit. She asked if I had contacted MBNA, and I said I didnt know I had to, since TU allowed the inquiry. She agreed that it made sense taht I wouldnt ask for credit that many times (1 of these was a legitimate hard inquiry from a credit line increase request, the rest were annual reviews incorrectly coded.) She said she would delete them, and a few days later I got a new report confirming it.