Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tim, Apr 21, 2001.

1. Tim

Tim Guest

So what's going with Junum? What's up with all these bad things I keep reading? Any truth behind it?

2. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Probably so. I don't have any personal experience with them or any other credit repair firm. I believe that one should learn to do their own credit repair because it is simply not difficult at all.

I believe what our government tells us to be true in this particular instance and what they tell us is that no credit repair firm can do anything for us that we cannot do for ourselves and do it much more cheaply than we can pay others to do it for us.

So it really does not make much difference whether the reports are true or not. I choose to believe that they are true, and if I am wrong, so be it.

Bill Bauer

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

There are not all negative reports on here..for me, it is all positive. So, you mean, you are choosing to believe the negative reports only.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I think the key is that this is a personal choice, as you said. For some it just is more practical, for others doing it alone works well.

Such is life!

5. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

That is funny LK - I am currently on the bench now as well and have much more time to do this.. but I do have all the letters and info I need stored on my desktop as well as laptop, so I can shoot emails out. I already have the next batch for the next 2 mos ready to go out including the certified letter stickers done. The label wizard in Word is a very utility that helps out..

I haven't gotten advanced enough to build a few tables, then input the data, then do mail merge yet though.. although, I figure maybe it would be worth it.. but 2-3 rounds shouldn't be too bad in doing some manual copy/paste for now.... =)

6. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Negative reports

Not at all. I too have seen many positive reports for Junum and Lexington and I am quite certain that there are many other fine companies out there that are doing a great job for their customers. And I would also be willing to believe that they too have negative reports circulated about them.

One does not do business with the public without ending up with a few unhappy customers. It is not all that relevant that they have unhappy customers. If you think it is relevant, then look at the lines of people often seen at the service desks of such places as Wal-Mart, Target, Sears and other major stores. Some of those have to be unhappy customers for whatever reason.

It's not about a company having unhappy customers, it's about what the company does to service the customers complaint and make it right. For instance, Wal-Mart's batteries are not all that great. They last about 2 years if one is lucky. But what happens when the battery goes bad?
    I've had that happen to me many times, and more often than not, Wal-Mart gives me a new battery with no questions asked. Sometimes they do check the battery, but not very much. I've taken batteries back to Wal-Mart multiple times in one week, and it's always the same. I get a new battery and no hassles. Sears isn't even that good.

It's not how many complaints they have, it's how they handle those complaints that count.

Bill Bauer

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Negative reports

The explanation was clearer to me..thanks for taking the time!

8. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Questions?????

I thought someone here posted a letter from Junum that they intercepted on the way to a credit bureau and it was simply Trans Unions dispute form all typed in and filled out ???

So How can TU tell that that filled out form that THEY sent out with the credit report is coming from Junum and not a regular person??? How could they tell any different?

I don't think this is causing any flagged accounts, just on that basis. It makes no sense to me at all.

judy

9. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Questions?????

Well, I may be wrong about this, but what I thought I understood was that they were kinda disgusted because they thought they were paying somebody that was going to demonstrate that they had some actual power to do something besides just use the form letters put out by the credit bureau and basically spam them with their own letters until they messed up and failed to verify and then it would have to be removed. They found out what was actually going on by accident and were upset because they could have done that good or better by themselves instead of paying somebody to do it for them.

They way I read it was that they were unhappy because they supposedly believed in somebody and paid them good money and then found out they were basically getting ripped off. I'd be upset too if such were the case, wouldn't you?

Like I said, I may very well be wrong and might have misunderstood where they were coming from, but that's the way I took the post.

Oh well, if I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

Bill Bauer