Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, May 12, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Hello!

As many of you know, I joined Junum last month. Since I joined, I have questioned whether or not they have sent disputes on my behalf. Well, today in the mail, I received a confirmation letter from Trans Union stating that the dispute has been received and that the investigation should be complete in 30 days. I should receive an updated report on June 17.

Keep your fingers crossed!

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

How many items did they dispute?

Did you get the credit repair insert?

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

The letter doesn't say how many items they disputed for me. I can't even see that on the junum website because I sent them a merged report.

I did not get the credit repair company letter from Trans Union.

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Interesting. My TU confirmation letter told me which items were under dispute.

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

That is interesting.

THe other thing that I find intriguing is the fact that the last time I sent dispuutes to TU, they told me that they forwarded my dispute to the branch closest to me and that the branch would have to handle my disputes from now on. Well, I'm guessing that Junum didn't know that and sent the disputes directly to TU headquarters. I didn't get that letter this time, only that they would be done in 30 days from May 3.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see.

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Well, when I got my copy of the TU report with the dispute results it said to send all future disputes to a local Las Vegas office. But the original confirmation letter I got from TU didn't say they were forwarding the disputes there.

The other odd thing with TU is that they gave themselves until 5-18 to finish investigations, but actually finished more than a week earlier.

7. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

These are the two letters:

March 11, 2001

Dear Consumer.
    This will acknowledge receipt of your recent correspondence.
    Although your credit file is stored on Trans Union's computer system, it is owned by your local bureau. For this reason, your dispute has been forwarded to your local bureau for investigation. The name and location of your local bureau is as follows:
    Credit Bureau Services of Upstate NY
    PO Box 1370
    Buffalo, NY 14231
    800-632-1765

In the future, please contact your local bureau directly regarding your credit file at Trans Union. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Relations Department

May 7, 2001

Dear Consumer,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your Trans Union Credit Report.
    We received your request on 5/3/2001 and are currently investigating the information which you disputed or questioned. We will contact the parties who reported the information and ask them to verify its accuracy. They will research their records and advise Trans Union of any changes that are necessary.
    The investigation will be concluded within 30 days. you will then receive an updated copy of your Trans Union credit report reflecting the results of our investigation.
    If you do not receive the updated report by 6/17/2001, please call us at the toll free number listed below.
    If you have any questions, our telephone representatives are available to assist you Monday through Friday, 815 am to 515 pm. (eastern)
    Please refer to your file number when you contact our office so that we may assist you more efficiently.

Thank you

Trans Union Consumer Relations
    800-916-8800

These retyped letters have spared you the yelling that TU does when it writes its form letters.

Nowhere does it state what has been disputed, and they forget quickly, I guess.

If this helps you, DaveLV...

8. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I wonder if the reason they are "owned" by the NY office is because of the lower reporting time NY allows.

Thanks for posting those.

9. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if that is the reason. But wouldn't TU have forwarded the new disputes to the local bureau if that is the case? Maybe they are just doing it with some and not others. Wonder what is going on????