Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Gemini, May 15, 2001.

1. Gemini

Gemini Active Member

I just checked out my account info on their site and it says that they sent disputes to all 3 CRs on 4/30 and 5/15. I never heard anything from anybody about the first set of disputes. Why did they send out more when I hadn't heard about the first ones?

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I found out from Junum yesterday that they are now sending out disputes every 2 weeks. They dispute 4 at a time instead of up to 8 at a time.

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I think it has been established that they now dispute less items and do so every 2 weeks. Of course,the best suggestion is to call and ask them to be sure. But, I'm pretty sure it is their new method.

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

If this is correct, then I wonder if the CRAs begin a new dispute before the previous dispute is complete? If not, then in effect Junum is disputing less accounts per actual round which equals more money for Junum in monthly fees. I found out that Equifax did not receive my last dispute from Junum dated 4/3/01, so I am a little bitter. Thinking of canceling.

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

The cra's are beginning new disputes prior to the last one's completion. I received a letter from Transunion stating they received my dispute and it should be finished by June 2. Then received another stating should be updated by June 15. These dates correspond to the dates listed at myjunum for the disputes.

6. MikeB

MikeB Banned

LKH,
    OK, good, Junum is not being sneaky. The CRAs may see all of these 4 account disputes and get wise to it. Hmm. Time will tell.

7. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

Junum is sending out disputes every 2 weeks. I started an online chat session with Sylvia at Junum yesterday (asking her the same question - why had another dispute gone out when I hadn't heard results from round 1)...she typed for a minute then she actually called me and told me which disputes went out with the first batch, second batch, and which were scheduled to go out in another week or so...she did the same for my wife's CR as well. She also said a new online system will be in place shortly that will let you see which disputes have been sent out.

An educated answer, but still...

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Silvia is absolutely wonderful and my favorite rep there! I just love her! She's the best!

You know, I guess its silly, but I always tend to distrust the CRA's before Junum. The CRA's have been dishonest from day 1 of my experience with them and, of course, it is documented repeatedly here. I think they will play all sorts of games to make us think our disputes are ineffective.