Junums' answer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Apr 11, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Junum called me back, and for now they are going to send it certified mail. The rep asked me if I would be home to sign for it. I asked her if they were sending it to me or to equ. That was a tough one for her and she told me she'd have to get back to me tomorrow. I'm sure they are going to send it to equifax and not me. I'll let you guys know.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Aha! Ok...sounds like a proactive step!! How are you feeling about this?

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Well, considering it was my idea to send it certified, I'm actually a little ticked. They wanted to just resend it but I told them as far as I was concerned, that would be a waste of their time and mine. I will wait another week after they send it certified, and if equ. still claims they haven't received it, they will then be looking at a lawsuit.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok...keep me posted! Thanks!

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Very nice

I think so too...just so they are up on it ya know...let us know LKH - Dave

6. Tim

Tim Guest

Re: Very nice

Well, can't someone just ignore a certified letter?

I have always used the certified PLUS the return receipt requested for a little more money.

Am I dumb for spending $3 a letter, totalling $9 for every round?

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Not dumb, as The folks who represent Lexington said recently, they actually see a lower yield rate on sending certified.

I absolutely guarantee you my last 2 disputes sent using a STAMP, were taken, responded to, and i got 9 out 10 negatives deleted!! Experian and TU!!

You could send 10 normal dispute letters for the same cost of one certified, and if only have of them were received you'd still be up a large margin.

So the answer is , don't need to send them certified. None of the credit repair places do, and obviously They know what they are doing, otherwise folks wouldn't be paying them :)

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Obviously, in this case it does need to be sent certified because they are ignoring the 2 previous letters sent regular mail. I am not going to continue to play games with them. Oh, and yes it is being sent certified r/r, so when they try to claim they didn't receive this one, I will have proof in the form of a name, signature, date and time. Then I will file a lawsuit.

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

And, LKH, did they clarify..are they sending it to them directly?

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Yes. They are sending it directly to equifax but using my return address. They also made it clear that this is not normal procedure for them and it would only be done this way once.

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OK...will hold and see what happens..thanks for the info!