JUNUM's cookin!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Nov 6, 2000.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Got my 1st experian update after being with junum 2 months.

1 item deleted - direct merchants bank
    4 items updated - look much better
    1 item verified (the chap 13 :) )

Its only $20 per month. It also shows when all the bad items drop - 10-2003,
    SO my strategy is to let-em at my reports while I build with Amex and Cap and FCNB and Providian.

I cracked up that they challenged the entire Chap 13 on the first try.....
    Direct Merchants Bank - bye!

Thouhgt you guys would like the status.
    Dogman

2. Russ

Russ Guest

This is the same stuff you can do for "FREE" minus the cost of a .33c stamp by writing the same pre-generated forms they write to the CRA(s). Why pay 20$ a month (+ CREDIT REPORTS) + 8$ per deletion if you can do it for .33c? The math doesn't add up. It's nice to have someone do this for you and make you feel like something is getting accomplished but people have been doing cleaning up for longer then this company has been in business.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That's great Dogman, I am happy for you:)

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I understand that - but - have never taken the time to write one letter in 4 yrs that I didn't have too - other than email.

THX - Dogman

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

You are the one who is inspiring.
    JUST THINK - we have changed how Providian
    treats their customers - now legit.
    All because of the mass internet knowledge exchange of cardholders around the world. Those banks would still be screwing everyone because no one knows what offers their neighbor gets in the mail.

What happened to CCB? No more discussion
    lately- did they stop because of the ATTY GEN?

CYA - Dogman

6. Killer

Killer Guest

You Go DAWG!!!

7. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

You are right, Russ. Paying someone else to take care of this credit business would surely be a waste of money. After being inspired by your post, I have compiled a list of things that I could do myself with some self-educating rather than pay others to do:

1. Make my own clothes.
    2. Do all my own auto repairs.
    3. Cut my own hair.
    4. Reupholster the sofa.
    5. Grow my own vegetables.
    6. Knit my own blankets.
    7. Neuter the cat.
    8. Home school the kids.
    9. Mill my own soap.
    10. Vaccinate the dog.

And this is only a few of my ideas! I've made myself a very organized little "To Do" list. Working around my work schedule and raising a family, I expect to finish these new projects within a mere 24 years. Once I am all caught up I plan to start writing those letters to the CRA's and taking them down to the post office to mail them certified, monitor them for responses, and repeat the process 14 times or so until it's all taken care of. We're talking CLEAN credit by approximately the year 2044!

Actually I'll probably finish a little sooner, since the family pets all just ran away. ;)

8. Kristi

Kristi Guest

I needed that laugh!

that is funny mo!!!!!!!!
    Soooo Funny, I swaer I am cracking up.

MOCAFEEN wrote:
    -------------------------------
    You are right, Russ. Paying someone else to take care of this credit business would surely be a waste of money. After being inspired by your post, I have compiled a list of things that I could do myself with some self-educating rather than pay others to do:

1. Make my own clothes.
    3. Cut my own hair.
    4. Reupholster the sofa.
    6. Knit my own blankets.
    7. Neuter the cat.
    8. Home school the kids.
    9. Mill my own soap.
    10. Vaccinate the dog.

And this is only a few of my ideas! I've made myself a very organized little "To Do" list. Working around my work schedule and raising a family, I expect to finish these new projects within a mere 24 years. Once I am all caught up I plan to start writing those letters to the CRA's and taking them down to the post office to mail them certified, monitor them for responses, and repeat the process 14 times or so until it's all taken care of. We're talking CLEAN credit by ....

9. Kristi

Kristi Guest

RE: I needed that laugh!

I mean swear! Too early....

Kristi wrote:
    that is funny mo!!!!!!!!
    Soooo Funny, I swaer I am cracking up.

MOCAFEEN wrote:

1. Make my own clothes.
    3. Cut my own hair.
    4. Reupholster the sofa.
    6. Knit my own blankets.
    7. Neuter the cat.
    8. Home school the kids.
    9. Mill my own soap.
    10. Vaccinate the dog.

And this is only a few of my ideas! I've made myself a very organized little "To Do" list. Working around my work schedule and raising a family, I expect to finish these new projects within a mere 24 years. Once I am all caught up I plan to start writing those letters to the CRA's and taking them down to the post office to mail them certified, monit....

10. trinitysta

trinitysta Guest

RE: I needed that laugh!

Yeah that goes for me too!!! I almost fell off my chair...LOL! WAY TO GO MO!!!!

11. Russ

Russ Guest

Oh give me a break.. HOW hard is it to mail out a generated form to the CRA; the same as JUNUM does and save yourself 20$ + per deletion costs? I guess you like GIVING your money away, eh? Give your money to me and I will do it for you.

12. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

That's the best!

Good one Mo! I'm sitting here at work CRACKING UP! :-D

13. Cadillac408

Bottom Line: Time is $$$

A very good friend once told me this:

"Time is Money"

If you don't have the time, you better have the money! If you don't have the money, then you better have the time!

I know some people are just way to busy or impatient to be bothered with sending out letters, etc. Others on the other hand have the time to do such. Hey....to each his own! But don't knock someone because they want to pay Junum or Lex to do their dirty work!

14. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

The point, Russ, is that time is money. How hard is it to drop a generated form in the mail to a CRA with a stamp? Not hard at all. It's not hard to rub my tummy and pat my head at the same time, either, and it would get me about the same result as sending one generated letter with a stamp to a CRA. Now, let's ask ourselves how hard it is to mail three copies of your letter (to the three credit bureaus), all three being mailed certified of course (which usually involves a trip to the post office and costs more than a stamp), and then monitor the timing of their responses (to make sure they answer within their alotted time). So far, not too terribly hard, but a pain in the ass to be sure. Now, add to the mix a couple of more items to be disputed (assuming most people who are going through this would have more than one item). That's more letters, all certified, to all three CRA's. Then, when you don't get the item deleted or corrected on the first try, which you won't or I'll eat my hat (ha ha I have no hat), you can begin with the follow-up letters. Whew! Getting a little more time-consuming now, eh? But wait! EEK! You accidentally sent a dispute letter to a CRA that wasn't reporting the item you were disputing, and now they *are* reporting it! Looks like you fowled up. And what about that second letter you sent to Experian regarding that one account that they'd never responded to...oh, which one was it? Did they ever answer? Oh, yes, here it is right here. Oh, no, that's a different account...and they're saying they verified it, so we need to send them another letter. Looks like we are going to need to set up some kind of a tickler file system to make sure we are properly tracking which CRA has responded to which letter and how timely they were about it. Whaddya say we just quit our jobs and spend all day doing this?

And that, my friend, is exactly why after a year of saying I was going to do it myself, I finally decided to pay someone else. Now someone bring me a rubber band and scissors and find me the cat.

MO
    (rubbing her tummy and patting her head just in case)

15. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

RE: Bottom Line: Time is $$$

i agree

16. SIERRA

SIERRA Guest

MOCAFEEN....

I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Bottom Line: Time is $$$

Well said, and so darn true:) No if I could just find the money LOL.

18. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: Reupholstery?

In your spare time, like mine, can you
    come get my sofa, reupholster it, and redeliver it and set it in the right space...
    then....

19. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Mo - let's see - rubber band / scissors / cat/ hmmmmm.... I know a club in SF that meets every thursday.... :)

Your humor is really devastating!!!

20. Cadillac408

Mo: Or I'll Eat My Hat?

Aw Man....

I just got up off of the floor from laughing for the past 10 minutes!

That is the best! I live for good laughs like that!

:-D