Just closed Cap 1 Kmart Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 8, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Okay....have had it almost 6 mos (they said 6 mos for a line increase--had the apr lowered to 15.9 this month)
    Well, today they said I cannot get increased for a YEAR! So, I said close it---went thru several CSRs and they said--sorry. So I closed it. I have a balance of about 90.00.
    I wonder, did they lie this time or last time? If I just need to wait a couple more weeks to hit 6 mos, that's ok but the year I think is too much!
    My credit line is a measly $200.00 and they wouldn't budge.
    I'm going to call them back and see if I get a different answer this time.
    am

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Just closed Cap 1 Kmart Ca

I don't know about Kmart MasterCard and they increase me to $5500 without asking. They gave me 11.9% APR. I think they give you or not depends on your credit history. I'm sorry to hear you have to close the accounts.

3. AnnMarie

Wow, what card is that?
    Well, I called them back and talked to another person--in retention. She talked me into staying. She said that accounts are continually being reviewed and whenever you call into get a limit raise or APR reduction, that is noted by (can't remember) and try to market to you. I'll give it another billing cycle, I do like the NO FEE and 15.9 fixed. UGH! I think I might be getting greedy. Time to leave stuff alone on this account and let's see what another month brings.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

It is Kmart Mastercard that is offered by the mail and it offer me 11.9% APR. That was back in the last September and I think Capital One get my name from credit bureau. I think I can get the best APR out of them. They approve me $3000 for Kmart purchase and 2500 for non-Kmart purchase. Within three months , they increased the account up to $5500 for Kmart purchase and $5000 for non-Kmart purchase. They increased my credit line they afraid of me I'm going to close my account just like you. I have a few good Platinium cards from Citibank, NextCard and the others. Recently I found out they offer on-line access on Kmart Mastercard and you will able to pay your Kmart Mastercard on-line deduct from your checking.If you go to www.bluelight.com and click on the Kmart Mastercard apply instant decision and you will find the lowest rate you can get is 11.9% APR.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Re: Cap 1 Kmart Card

I'm glad you decided not to close the account. The current credit limit is ridiculous, but with no annual fee you're better off than most CapOne cardholders. You never know what can happen in a year or two. Given the quality of CapOne employees, BOTH 6 months AND one year were probably lies. You'll know you qualify for an increase when you actually see it on your statement, but not before. :)

6. AnnMarie

Re: Cap 1 Kmart Card

Yeah, that's what I figure.....and it's not costing me anything----so that's a good thing. The interest is not to be complained about right now either. I'll hush up and quit whining for a bit.