Just getting started

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Darrell, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Darrell

Darrell Member

I have finally made the decision to attack my embarrassing credit problem. Nothing recent is bad, but I have some unpaid medical collections (write offs), and a cable judgment (from a roommate) and some late pays. Its just enough to stop me from getting credit cards and recently an auto loan. I am getting married soon and want to have this fixed before entering that union.

I got here by doing some research on Lexington Law Firm and one thing led to another and here I am. I see that a lot of people do as much as they can themselves before turning over to Lexington or one of the others. I have no idea where to start. I am limited on time, so I don't want to go through a long learning process.

Where do I start? Do I get my credit reports online? How? Hire a company (which one), or do it myself? If do it myself, where do I go to figure out how to write letters, etc?

All recommendations are appreciated.

2. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

Hi Darrell,

If you don't have a lot of time, don't know how to start, but need to get going on this yesterday, I can recommend Lexington from my own experience. They helped me and I have no real complaints. As time progresses and you see what they are achieving, along with knowledge you can gain in the meantime, at some point you can take over.

The biggest problem most people have with a company doing this for them is deletion of positive tradelines. That can be provented by white out or other means of keeping the company from seeing positive tradelines. What they can't see they can't dispute.

Just do something to get started. Don't waste another day. This is a LONG process and the sooner you start the better.

John

3. Darrell

Darrell Member

Thanks John,

I just read your experience with Lex that you posted yesterday. They seem to get a pretty good review overall. I like your idea of whiting out the positive credit marks. If they do delete positve credit, can you get it back? Is it worth risking a couple of 30 day lates to risk loosing an otherwise good mark?

Darrell