Just Got Back!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Hey all! Just got back from the archaeological dig, but going back on Sunday night. In the meantime, I thought I would pose something to you...

I read the mail and there were 2 interesting things in there.

1) A Get Smart card with my first name and middle initial, but with someone elses last name. It was forwarded from my old address where this Erica chick now lives! How odd. So I called the company and told them what happened. I had to cut up the card, but it was nice to hold $1000 even if it wasn't mine.

2) An application (with sticker) for a CapOne Gold card with 0.0%APR until Jan 2002. This one is not as easy as the first thing I opened in the mail. Any suggestions on what I should do?

BTW, I am now debt free except for Student Loans. I just paid off both of my CC's to 0. If that helps.

Thanks!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CITIBANK AND CAPITAL ONE BOTH DENIED ME WITH A F.I.C.O. 685-698...
    EVEN HAD THE AUTHORIZATION # STICKERS AND APPROVAL # STICKERS...

MAYBE I'M JUST BLACK-BALLED...

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Hey a weekend in Rochester is GOLD! How's the dig going? have you found evidence that life on earth began around the finger lakes? :) Welcome back! (if only for a couple days).

-Austrolopithicus Davidicus

PS There was a Target post (NanaC) ripe for your response, that you missed! :)

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Erica:

What a joy to see your name posted here again! Welcome back, my friend! I missed you!

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Saar

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

creditus stinko biggum

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

WB Erica <wave>

breeze

8. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

Re: Just Got Back!!! - To George

Hey George -

Your FICO scores seem reasonable, what were the actual reasons for your denial, if you don't mind?

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

LOL Saar.
    Magnus ab integro seclorum nascitur ordo.

A mighty order of ages is born anew.

-Bipedal Dave

10. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Ill drink to that!!!!

veni libi vomi
    We Came we Drank We Threw up! Lol {:-"

11. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

No evidence yet of life beginning in the Finger Lakes, but there is evidence of some really dumb farmers. The soil is on top of a layer of Shale that is VERY thick, thus making farming difficult.

Otherwise the dig is going swell. (except for the naked guy that prances around my tent at the campsite. It wouldn't be too bad if he was good looking... hehe)

At any rate, no one answered my CapOne question. I really need another card. Thoughts?

Nana, good to see you too. How's that cement pool? I could really go for a dip just about now.

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Heya, Erica...I love my cement pond, thank you kindly. I'm excited..the last of my family (youngest daughter) is making their move here today...they haven't seen the house..it's fun to show the first time.

You are welcome anytime, you know!

Ok...your cap one question? You want another card..maybe I should reread this thread..huh?

OH, ok, you got the offer...well, I think if I was in your shoes, I'd give it a whirl...I got Cap One before anything back before my corrections took place and, with Mr. Miller's help, they've been great.

And, you have PlanetFeedback's support on them. :)

13. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

It's not necessary to reread this thread. I think it is a fun time here anyways.

You know what is pretty sad? I get home and I'm not here even 2 minutes and I have to boot up the puter to see how everyone is doing here! Am I addicted or what?

But yes, I would like another card. Right now I have 1st premier secured mastercard with a $200 limit. The balance has just been paid to zero. I also have a store charge with a $300 limit that also has a balance of $0. Any suggestions?

The terms of the capone card are:
    - 0% fixed APR until Jan 2002 with a go to of 19.8%
    - 25 day grace
    - $39 annual fee

Also has Gold card benefits such as:
    - Auto Rental Insurance
    - Warrantee Manager Service
    - Travel & Emergency Assistance
    - Travel Accident Insurance

There is also a ZERO LIABILITY if my card is ever lost or stolen.

Thoughts?