Just got married!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Aux, Apr 27, 2001.

1. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

I would like to change my last name on all Credit Cards (6) i have.

Do I have to show the proof of marriage (license) to all Credit Card companies?

Or Just call them and change it.

Thanks

Aux

2. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

I am not sure with CC's, but with everything else (Drivers License, SS card, bank accounts, etc.), my wife had to. We tried to open a bank account right after getting married, with no other identification (other than marriage cert) with her new name. They wouldn't do it. They said there has to be more than 1 with her new name. So we had to go to the DMV and SSN anyway, so we did that, then to a different bank.

They may need proof of new name; either marriage certificate, copy of new DL, SSN, etc.

Dustin

3. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

I guess I will have to start with SSN and DL first then.

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Aux

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Aux,

Congrats on your new marriage. I wish you both the best. I got married 8 months ago and the credit card companies changed my last name without a problem.
    Just call customer service and tell them you got married and they will issue you a new card with your new last name.

Take care,

Dani

PS The only organizations who wanted to see my marriage license was the DMV and my college registars office.

5. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Dani!

Congratulations! on your marriage also.

I just called some of CC to change my last name and it's easy like you said. I will change my driver license next week.

Thanks for your quick response.

Aux