Just got my first deletion. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by trish6103, Oct 1, 2003.

1. trish6103

trish6103 Well-Known Member

I am sooo jazzed! I went to CreditExpert tonite and lookat at my fiancee's report, the one and only thing I disputed online was gone! He lost 5 points because of the age, but who cares, its gone! But I still have some questions:

1. All 3 reports list the date opened as 12/96, this should be the DOLA since we have never had any contact with these people right? Unofrtunately the SOL for MO for signed contracts is 10 years.

2. We have not heard from these people ever! I disputed the TL online with EXP on 9/18, last Friday we got a settlement offer from them in the mail, today they left a msg for my fiancee to call them. I just printed up a validation letter to send out tomorrow. Should I go ahead and dispute it online with the TU and EQ after I get the green card from the val letter since I had good luck with EXp, or should I wait until I get his old addresses deleted before I go any further.

3. The OC Jayhawk Acceptance, filed BK in Feb 1997
    (I think)
    http://www.bankruptcydata.com/datasource_index.htm
    I also think the State of Missouri had a class action suit against them as some point. They tried to sue my finacee, but we got a letter saying that all lawsuits they filed had been dropped. But his TU report shows that the date they reported was 1/03, how is that possible? It is also reported as an open unsecured installmant account! This all stems from a car he bought in 1995, had it for 2 weeks, motor blew, it was all a big scam, the car lot, the finance company, the warranty they forced us to buy that never paid, all of it! But the bottom line is how can these people be reporting if they dont even exist any more???

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

This was a repossession?

3. trish6103

I guess that's what you would call it. I'll try to condense this but it's kinda long. He (his name only)bought the car, had it for 2 weeks and the motor blew. We bought a warranty because the dealership told us we had to in order to finance the car (LIE!) We called, the car lot told us to have it towed to the ASE certified mechanic of our choice and they would take care of it. 2 weeks later they had him come in and sign papers for a new warranty because they said they were having problems with the warranty company and were changing everybody over. About a week later they tell us that the warranty did not cover the mechanic he chose and that he needed to pay the mechanic for the engine tear down, towing and storage for the time they had it. I don't know what happened to the car from there. I think the car lot took it from the mechanic that had it. We had not even made the first payment. We did not pay the mechanic, we went round and round with the car lot over this. They loaned us another car for awhile while that one was being fixed, then they came and got that car with all our stuff in it and refused to give it back. We were very naive at this time and did not have money for a lawyer to tell us what we needed to do. We were clueless. We lost the $1000 down payment we made and had no car to show for it. So yeah, I guess it is considered a repo, we have no idea where the car went after we had it towed to the mechanic.

4. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Why are you worrying about a tradeline from 1995? It should be gone from your report by now. If it isn't, ask the bureaus to delete it. Don't worry about paying it either. The SOL is up on that.

Good luck :)

5. trish6103

The SOL for signed contracts in MO is 10 years. There is no way we are going to pay it. I am sending the val letter tomorrow. They just started calling us and writing out of the blue when we disputed with EXP. I don't know how they got the phone number since the phone is in my name and my name is not on the contract.
    The OC is on one of his reports as an open unsecured installment account and the CA is on all 3 reports.

6. rubiela10

rubiela10 Member

On the same subject. I am not sure that I did the best thing. I disputed some duplicates with the CRAs and some other things.

I was fortunate to get 1 paid off account deleted from all CRA. I also got the duplicates removed. Unfortunately, they also removed TL for a Chase account that I have which has been in good standing.

Anyways, the end of this story is that my PG score went down like 30 points (from 630 to 598). I guess the duplicates were helping me without my being aware of it. :(

Any advice?

7. trish6103

bump

8. dixidriftr

dixidriftr Well-Known Member

Repo deficiancies fall under UCC and the SOL is 4 years.

9. trish6103

Ummm, what is UCC???? And based on what I posted do you think this is a repo? Should it say repo on my report somewhere? This is listed as a collection account and the OC has it listed as unsecured. Does that matter?

10. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Dixie,

Are you referencing state UCC, or the Uniform Code?

Are you saying it's different because it's a "collateralized" loan?

???

11. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

SLOW DOWN !!!!

12. trish6103

OK, help me out here! Slow down doesn't tell me much. Why?