Just got my Target card!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fingrrrl, Sep 17, 2001.

1. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

And boy am I happy! I've had their guest card for a year and a half with a piddly little $300 credit limit. Today with their Visa, I have $6000, my highest card to date. The interest is 18.9% however so for the time being my 16.9% Providian Getsmart still feels a little more promising even at a $4000 limit. Hopefully within a year I'll be able to lower the interest on my new Target and then scrap Providian once and for all...before my $89 annual fee comes up again! YEAH!

2. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Congrats! I was told last night by a lady that ALL the current holders will get a card, and that she has confirmed that and that all that stuff about being a "selected" holder wasn't true. She said it would simply be too much hassle to sort out all of that information from 5 million cardholders. She said I should be getting the card by the end of October or Early November. I hope she is right about this!!! By the way fingrlll, what state are you in? I just wanted to know, so we could get an idea where the cards are going as of now. Anyone else who has gotten their Target card please post what state you are in. Thanks!

3. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Congrats.that is a huge increase.

4. fingrrrl

I'm in Ohio

5. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Hey, not too far from Iowa!!! What does it look like? Is it the style they show on the website that talks about the smart card?

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Last month your Target Guest Card was $300. This month your Target Visa is $6000? Is that right? Interesting!

Anyone else know their CL for Target Visa?

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$5,700 INCREASE...THAT BEATS MY $5,000 FOR FIRST USA...

8. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Well if my math serves me,I have a 500 CL on my card now,it should go up to 10,000?What could I buy at Target for 10k?LOL.

9. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Brad - it's a VISA- good everywhere.

I haven't got my card yet, but they told me it's $6k (not much of an increase, I was already at $5700) @ 18.9, then apologized for the high rate and lowered it to 15.9 on the spot.

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Wait....so let me get this straight......the limit on your Target GUEST card was already $5700? Then when you get the visa it will be $6k?

If so......WOW! I've never seen a Target card with that high of a limit.

11. fingrrrl

Yup it looks like on their site with the info and the smart chip...all bright and shiny with rows of target signs all over the front. Yes, I must also say it's interesting my limit was raised $5700, but I'm not complaining one bit! :)

12. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Yup.

I've had a Field's account since '87, and they were very generous with raising limits (that one's over $10k) ... not that I come even close to using it!

When they opened Target in Chicago, Field's cardholders could use their cards at Target, and you automatically got a separate Target credit account statement. They matched the limit of your Field's account. When they launched the Target card, they just converted the Target part of my Field's account into a stand-alone Target card.

Long story short - I think it's because I had such a high Field's limit (and 14 years) that the Target limit is so high. It doesn't seem to matter, though, since they're being generous to Target cardholders anyway!

I just like the 10% off reward idea (plus 1% to your favorite school) so I'll use it a lot (and pay it off every month).

-mj