Just Paid off My CCB Credit Ca

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna R., Feb 5, 2001.

1. Donna R.

Donna R. Guest

At last! And canceled the account, sending a certified letter asking that my credit report be noted that account is being canceled per customer request. How long should I wait for the dust to settle (my CCB card had a high credit limit which worked against me BIG time when applying for other things, even tho' my payment history was perfect)before applying for a credit card with no annual fee/decent interest rate? What companies are my best bet?

2. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

RE: Just Paid off My CCB Credi

Donna R. ,Why you canceled high limit card then to apply another card ? Try to get better terms ?

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Better terms with CCB? These days we don't even joke about it anymore.

Saar

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Congratulations! You were standing up for all of us when you cancelled the CCB card. Not to mention standing up for truth, justice, and the American way. :)

I think the answer would be immediately. If you don't have a second card, you need at least a small card immediately. Otherwise, you may not be considered to have a credit history when you apply again.

Just my opinion, I don't know for sure, but please think about it. If you spent all that time and money on your CCB card just to build a credit history, you wouldn't want to lose any opportunities through inaction.

Sorry, I know this post is awkwardly placed, but I don't know how to copy it elsewhere.

5. Donna R.

Donna R. Guest

Paid off the high-limit CCB card 'cause it had extremely high interest, high annual fee, plus the usual stuff we've all heard about. The high limit reflected adversely when I was looking into car loans, etc.--debt-to-income ratio. I want to apply for a credit card with a different company (NOT CCB!!!), was asking if anybody could recommend a good place to start. I want to show a good payment history along with a viable debt-to-income ratio.

6. Len

Len Guest

You are correct, Saar!
    Trying to get better terms from Cross Country is like asking a mugger for a better deal.
    When you're being robbed, don't bother to ask the crooks for a more attractive offer.