just recived chase platinum ma

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Oct 16, 2000.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

any tips? I just recived the invitation certificaton from chase bank for platinum card line up to 100K
    ????

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: just recived chase platinu

That's sounds wonderful. What is your question?

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

In my experience, and I have had plenty, an invitation to apply isn't worth the paper it is printed, this send this out to the general public, even preapprovals aren't true anymore, if your credit is good then I would apply, but if it isn't great I wouldn't waste the inquiry, just my opinion though

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Very true about the so called preapproved offers.

5. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I responded to one of those - that's how I got my chase platinum. A great rate too prime + 1.4

6. Killer

Killer Guest

Hey I received the same invitation today! I think I will apply. I can easily see that Chase received my name and address from Trans Union which is my best report. How do I know this? The invitation does not have my middle initial and it was sent to my P O Box. TU is the only CRA that doesn't list my MI and the only CRA that has my P O Box as current address. Who knows...maybe this will turn out to be another CitiBank and everyone will be applying and thanking me!...LOL

7. steve

steve Well-Known Member

My credit is very bad score is 575 , but all the collection are paid off (10 collections + 1 judgement) Car finance 95 never late on payment also second car finance on 6/99 never late on payments ....thats pretty much is my credit , most of these carge off from 94,95,96 may be 1 from 98 which is a medical bill but i paid all this off because I'm in middle of buying a house , closing on nov 14 ....

8. steve

steve Well-Known Member

how's your credit before u get this card?

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Steve may I ask, did you have trouble obtaining a mortgage??

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I sure hope so Killer. I just hope you dont get to feel my pain. Boohooo....lol

11. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Actually my loan officer like me to pay off all the collections which i did total was @5k with settlement i paid 2600, he is working now to ge me the lower rate currently i'm getting approved for 8.5% fixed and i would like 8% so will see i will keep u informed

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Steve, keep me posted:)

13. the other

I had a late payment from a few years ago (I've since had that removed).

No other negatives, but my score wasn't very good because of the number of accounts I had and my cc cards were close to being maxed.

I was actually surprised I got it.

Now with the late payment removed, and my current accounts, I was just approved for a mortgage. My middle score was around 640.

14. the other

Steve,

You should wait till after you close to open any new credit accounts.

Even though the lender has approved your mortgage, they reserve the right to re-check everything before actually disbursing the mortgage loan. You don't want to do anything to jeopardize that.

We had a thread on that a while back. If you do a search you can find the thread and it will back up what I am saying here.