Just shoot me!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Becky, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

I have been trying to dispute several items with Equifax recently. I did an investiagation on 7/18. Got most of it cleared up. With the report recieved 7/28. Twoitems were left. Both have duplicate reportings.

Called 8/2 to have one of each of the duplicates removed. Recieved results 8/6. Did not remove. No explaination why.

Called again today. Explained the situation. Of when they merged the two files they duplicated these accounts, which were both negative. So one of each was bad enough.

She said we will investiage, 15-30 days yeta yeta.

How many times do you have to ask for an investigation for it actually to happen?

I am afraid they are going to say done it not going to do it again. Except they have never actually investigated. Anyone else have this happen. What did you do?

Would it be better if I sent the info through the mail?

The thing that gets me is these items fall off the report in about 4 months. We are trying to get a mortgage. If they don't clear it up this time should I just leave it to fall off?

Thanks
    Becky

2. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

I would dispute it as obsolete, and do it with a letter by mail. They should get rid of it, usually do if it is within 6 months or so.

Do it by mail, and send it return receipt. If it still doesn't come off, dispute again. By then, or after one more time, it will come off. Might as well keep disputing and hope it falls off sooner... Otherwise, it might stay on there for 2 years.

3. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Thanks Dustin,

What kills me is that they can clearly see that they are duplicate accounts. Same comapny name, amount opening date.

The only thing different is the Last Activity Date. Which according to them needs to contact the company for verification.

Gee could it have been an error. Like me having two Equifax reports:)

Becky