Just wondering.........

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by niecy25, Dec 13, 2000.

1. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering from reading Dogman's post about the success he has had rebuilding his credit. I just started out on that road in November. I know I have a long time to go, but I was wondering how long of on time payments and not going over does it take to see offers coming your way.

Also in regards to a green AMEX card how long does it take when rebuilding to qualify for that card.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I started rebuilding in November also. All I have is a Providian Gold, and I would like to know the same things as Neicy25 asked.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I started with cap 1 secured in april, and in october receive an aria persona and citibank AA.

I have plenty of charge off;s. I don't expect to get an Amex or prime offers in the mail until my 7 year SOL is up.

4. mt

mt Guest

What is citibank AA? I've never heard of it and am curious. Thanks.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I'm not going there, use the search button up top.. (no flames please)

6. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

It is a Citibank issued American Airlines miles card.

http://www.creditsense.com

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

To Niecy25 and S.D.

Well, you may already know my story. If not here it is again. I will start by saying I started rebuilding in 4/99. I still dont get any prime offers in the mail. Well, with the exception of Citibank and Chase which we know are reaching out to the "stars of the subprime class" to issue credit. Anyway, my point is getting offers in the mail is not a real way to gauge your new creditworthiness. After 2 years of paying ontime, you can buy a home. So I would say this is considered good credit again. That's how I see it. Makes since to me. Who cares if MBNA & BofA isnt cluttering up your mailbox.

Back to my story, I started with a secured card in 4/99. I got another secured card in 11/99. By 4/00 I had removed many mistakes and deleted some charge offs. I also achieved a 0 balance on all charge offs. From that point, I qualified for the Providians, Orchards, etc. And by 9/00, I got my Citi's and Chase. Now I got more than enough credit. I also bought a car (householdauto) and Line of credit (MBNA) for furniture ($5,500). That aint too bad I think. So paying ontime does help alot. To sum it all up, you can expect some real changes by 6-12 months. After 24 months I would worry about it. I would focus more on upgrading the cards you already have. I hope this makes sense and helps.

roni

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

mt

I dont care. I will answer your question. But I have to tell you that asking that question on this board is like asking who is the president elect in Tallahassee. But the card in question is the American Airlines Advantage Mastercard issued by citibank. Many have applied online on this card and have received instant approval. Recommendation that no one with recent (within last 6 months)delinquencies and bk's apply. If you are interested in applying go to
    www.citibank.com/us/cards/

click the world AAdvantage mastercard from the credit card menu. This will bring up the AAdvantage MC or which is silver in color.

roni

9. mt

mt Guest

Roni RE: mt

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I should have stated earlier that based on the previous person's remarks, I did search. I assumed it was the American Airlines card initially, but when I went to the Citibank site, the only card I noticed was the ClickCiti AA card. I later found the other cards by going to American Airline's website and logging in to my advantage account. Thanks again.

10. jason

jason Well-Known Member

If you're talking about getting prime rate credit cards. . . then you'll probably have to wait about seven years. Negative credit completely devastates your FICO score. The only solution is to repair your credit or wait.

Here are a couple of credit repair possibilities:

http://www.creditrepairrights.com (do-it-yourself)
    http://www.creditrights.com (pay to get it done.)