Juunum Results Round 1

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, May 12, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Well they arrived at last. All in all Junum did Excellent...My results however, are only pretty good because I have heard NOTHING from Equifax. I think they threw my dispute letter from Junum away without reading it...I will have to call Junum and ask if they can do for me what they did for LKH and send round 2 certified to Equifax from now on AT LEAST I will call to verify I have disputes in progress...anyway here are the results:

It appears that Junum disputed 4 items on both Experian and TransUnion (not sure if that is a key to how many they always dispute, I can't tell consistency with only 2 CRA's responding and only 1 round to go by).

Experian-
    Judgement 1 - Deleted
    Tax Lien - Verified, remains
    Foreclosure - Deleted
    Collection account- Deleted
    Name - Updated (??? not sure what that means)
    SS# - Updated (??? not sure what that means)
    Name and SS# were not incorrect and not changed

Experian leaves only 1 negative item, $124 Tax Lien from 1996

TransUnion-
    Collection 1 - Deleted
    Collection 2 - Deleted
    Collection 3 - Deleted
    Collection 4 - Deleted

TU leaves 6 public record negs and 2 items that some creditors consider adverse (I just wonder who those are that don't consider these adverse :)

AGAIN I heard NOTHING from Equifax, I will call Junum and Equifax on Monday to see if they had received anything...my guess is that the rep will say "sorry sir, we have no records of disputes" Oh well.....Round 2 here I go!! Woooo hoooo!!

Reports will go back to Junum Monday AM overnight. I must say that I am pleased with the results. Maybe I will try and find a credit card that pulls Experian only...maybe I will wait for another round.

-Dave

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

The results are pretty good for 1st round. I hope to get the same results. Keep pluggin'.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dave,
    you came out like a champ. You definitely got your money's worth. Congratulations and I hope things go as well with equifax. I think junum only does 2 bureaus at a time though.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

That's great!

breeze

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nave, that sounds pretty darned good. It also looks like our dispute cycles are close together as I just got Equifax and TU results in the last few days as well.

You did better than I though. Only one deletion for me on Equifax, and it looks like two of my TU deletions might reinsert. To be fair Lexington only disputed two items on my Equifax report this round.

6. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I have yet to receive my Equifax results too. I received TU and EXP over a week ago. I guess I had better call them.

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Junum Results Round 1

Since I'm currently starting my 3rd round, I can tell you Equifax was the one that took almost 80 days to receive for me.

Nave..wow, I have to say those results are fantastic! Congrats

My way of handling Equifax was to join Privista (which I cancelled) and then I ended up with creditwatch. It allowed me to monitor their disputes and be sure they received, etc. Interestingly, since I did, we have had no problems.

I don't recommend Privista as I found they vary considerably with the true results....However, when I cancelled, they somehow messed up and I still get weekly reports. Creditwatch notifies me in 24 hours..

anyway, just sharing what I did on that problem..and also, of course, doing the happy dance for you!

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Dave, congrats. those are great results. Very similar to my 1st round results where on TU they disputed 8 and deleted 8. Experian was 5 out of 8. On my second round TU it was 4 disputes 0 deletions and 2 items that were never on TU that were deleted from exp. showed up? I'm still waiting on exp. 2nd round results. I also just got my equifax 1st round results and out of 4 disputes I got 1 deletion. Totals are round 1 = 22 disputes, 14 deletions. I would definitely call equifax 1st thing Monday morning. They will question you as to what items were disputed and do you want to dispute by phone. I would suggest that you call Junum first to ask them what they disputed so you can answere their questions. If, after you call equifax, and they claim to have not received the dispute, call Junum and tell them you are not going to play games with equifax. Tell them you want it sent certified r/r , and tell them to charge you for it. They will them do it on their nickel. Good luck with those idiots at equifax.

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hey Nave!!

Congrats, this is awesome.

Equifax has been the most difficult CRA for me. They never notify you that they have received your disputes. They are the most difficult to remove disputes from. I would call Junum and verify that they disputed EQ. I would not call EQ directly as it may red flag your account and hurt you. You haven't given any indication that EQ is overdue. So I would just wait.

Good luck - fellow Credit Cnot

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey Jim. I respectfully disagree re: Equifax based on my experience with them. If the updated report is indeed overdue, I would call Junum to find out what items they disputed. Then, I would call Equifax and just ask when will I be receiving my updated report. Don't answer any questions other than when the dispute was submitted and what items were disputed. If they claim they have not received it, they will try to get you to dispute over the phone. I just told them that I didn't have my info in front of me and I mailed the dispute so I shouldn't have to redo it by phone. Good luck!

11. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hey LKH!!

I think we all had some good advice for Nave.

12. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm late Dave...

But let me just send you a BIG Congratulations on your Junum results. And Good Luck on Round 2. ;o)

13. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Sorry I'm late Dave...

Mother2, Not late, fashionably early :)

Everyone, thanks for all the comments and advice. I appreciate it. Sorry, I had been away from reading the board so it took me some time to respond but I am going to call Junum and ask their advice. I will update everyone on what they tell me. If they suggest I call Equifax, I will do so Tuesday.

Thanks again for the advice and kind words.

-Dave