k-mart capital one ripoff

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by peeper, Feb 18, 2001.

1. peeper

peeper Guest

I sent my payment on feb 5th it was due on the 9th they say they did not receive it until the 16th so they charged me a 25.00 late fee and a 25.00 over the limit fee.When i called i told them no payment i ever mailed to anyone took 11 days to receive they said they would waive the late fee but not the otl fee.What a bunch of crooks!!!!!Today i sent my march 9th payment and paid off the balance next step is goodbye k-mart!!!!

2. JP

JP Guest

Don't take this the wrong way, but always allow at least 7-10 business days for payments to arrive. Generally a good practice is to pay the bill as soon as you get it.

JP

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FIRST USA tried to charge me a late fee on a check that cleared my checking account one week before it was due, but they said that they got it two day after it was due.

When I told them that my bank could prove that the check "CLEARED" their bank one week before the due date, they said they would
    "AS A COURTESY" refund the over limit fee.

THEY STILL DIDN'T GET IT...

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Sorry late fee.

5. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I agree with JP. You can't expect a payment mailed on the 5th to even get through the postal service in 4 days. Then it has to reach their offices and go through the mail room and the posting office to then be posted. That can take 10 days easy.

Best bet. Sit down and write the check as soon as you open the mail each day. it will never be late.

6. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

It's not true you should expect it to take 7-10 days for a payment to post. For the most part, the post office does a great job and honest creditor post quickly.

I have to mail my FCNB payment from New Jersey to Oregon, and it always posts three days after I mail it. Another creditor in Pittsburgh always posts two days after I mail the check.

If this happens once or twice, maybe it did get delayed. But if this happens all the time, I'd check my bank statements to see when the checked cleared.