K-mart mastercard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by racinut88, Mar 12, 2001.

1. racinut88

racinut88 Well-Known Member

When you receive their pre approval is it common to then get turned down?

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

No, they normally don't turn you down except you had any deliquent accounts in your credit report. As we know the credit limit it depends on your credit history and your income. I got Kmart MasterCard from their pre-select mail and I got approved. Capital One ususlly pull your credit from all three bureaus.

3. racinut88

racinut88 Well-Known Member

It was my wife that got the approval letter, she has a bunch of Charge Offs and lates I am trying to get off. The CO's are mostly paid, but not sure if that shows yet.
    Should I let her apply?

4. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I have a couple charge offs and collections--at the time I got the KMart MC they weren't paid.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Well, you can try to apply for Kmart Masterard. Probably she will get not so good terms like 19.8 %APR not 11.9 APR and she got lower credit limit.

6. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

What I got was only a 200 limit with 0% financing for 6 mos on KMart purchases--after several months I called and they lowered the APR to 15.9 fixed.

am

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

When I recieved an mail offer for Kmart MasterCard and they approved me $3000 and 11.9 %APR. After three months they increased to $5500 without asking for it.