Kay Jewelers Approved W/540 Fico

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by hunzi1, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Peri

Peri Active Member

Re: Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W/540 Fic

2. dacoldest

dacoldest Well-Known Member

They denied me because they say I have too many recent inquries. I have 2 from earlier this year when I was buying a car and 1 recent one from cap one. 3 for the year is too much huh? Oh yeah they pulled transunion I live in Chicago...thus da coldest get it.

3. broncsboi

broncsboi Well-Known Member

Try PFB with them.

4. dacoldest

Ok called them and explained my situtation with the inquires. I said in order to repair my credit I need to also use credit. I was told my public record aka bk7 was also too new. It made 1yr today.

5. broncsboi

dacoldest what number did you call?

6. broncsboi

Sorry I got it (the number that is).

I called and they said they have not finalized the account and the rep couldn't access the account.

I'm wondering if it's easier to get approved at the actual store rather than trying to apply online.

I mean, if you actually pick out a $500 item and apply in the store, they know they have a customer on the hook and try to get you approved? I don't know, just wondering.

7. almostther

almostther Well-Known Member

DH approved FICO 637 TU score CL $3K

8. YUMMYCAKES

YUMMYCAKES Well-Known Member

My husband and I both applied and they pulled transunion for me and experian for my husband???

9. broncsboi

Applied on 1st.
    Denied on 2nd.
    PFB'd on 5th.
    Email from them on 10th saying they would re-review.

Stopped by Kay on Saturday at the mall and lady checked status and said it was on hold.

Bought a nice necklace for my wife with cash for Christmas anyway.

Called today and was 'officially' denied due to recent bankrupcty (discharged 10/2001) and high utilization on my other credit cards.

Would have liked to get it but even if I did I already bought what I wanted with cash so the only thing I'm dissappointed in really is the hards on my report for a denial.

Wife and I are sitting down to a budget to become 'debt free' of credit cards in 2004! Plan to use tax refund to pay off her card and will pay off mine throughout the year which isn't a whole lot ($3000) when broken out. No more credit apps for a whole year, at least to let some of my recent inquries age and other old inquiries fall off.

10. dacoldest

Correct me if I'm wrong but it would seem that the ornignal Poster and Scmom are the only actual ones who got the card with a Bankruptcy. Everyone else had ok credit. So can we really say that Kay Jewel is Bk friendly or not.

11. trent1059

trent1059 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W/540

My chapter 13 was discharged on 7/1/03, I received approval from kay with a 4000 credit line,

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W/540

It appears from my readings that the BK success rate is greater when the BK is more than a year from FILING! At least, that is what I'm gathering.

13. TXREADY

TXREADY Member

I got it with a CL of $6300, BK 7 discharged 12/96.
    TU = 667 (the one they pulled)

14. broncsboi

Trent

I can't believe you got $4000 CL with a discharge only five months ago but they denied me with a 'recent bankruptcy' over two years ago!!!

Not saying I don't believe you, I'm just mad that's the reason they gave me for denial.

The original letter after the initial decline listed 'recent inquries,' '90+ days late' (which I KNOW isn't on my report so I'm checking into this) and 'high utilization.' No mention of the BK.

The only mention of the BK was verbal after PFB.

I'll remember these guys. My scores are around 659 right now. I'll be paying down my debt this coming year and not applying for credit. My scores will (should) go way up and my BK will be over three years old this time next year. Then NEXT year I plan to apply for another jewelers card which I should get easily but I guarantee you one thing, it won't be Kay Jewelers.

Just for the hell of it, I'm going to PFB them again. What have I got to lose?

In addition, my 'recent inquries' of (6) include:
    1. Cox Communications (getting cable in our new house)

2. Crime Busters (getting alarm system set up and running in our new house)

3. CapOne Auto (got approved for a car loan refinance (declined it since they offered 14% which would have made our payments go up?? since we're currently at 10% with someone else).

The other three were Dillards (got it), Exxon/Mobile (got it) and Chase of Arizona around the time we closed on our house so I don't know if this had anything to do with that - I have no idea what this is.

So the 'inquries are Bulls***' and the reasoning of a recent BK is also BS since some have received $4000 CLs with a BK discharged 5 months ago!

Baw Humbug.

15. LL877201

LL877201 Well-Known Member

How long did it take to hear back from them when you used PFB?

16. broncsboi

I PFBd them on the 5th, received an E-mail on the 10th saying the would review my app. I called them yesterday and the was told no...again.

17. bg

bg Well-Known Member

I was suprised when I was approved w/523 cl of 4500.

18. bg

bg Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W/540 Fic

I was approved with a BK that was dismissed in Jul 02, and 523 Fico.

19. dacoldest

Re: Re: Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W/540 Fic

Ok my bk is from 12/02..I have a new car and a orchard bank card and 1 other inquire from WFNNB
    and I was denied for a bk and inquires. So I'm wondering if the people who got approved went to the actual store on just went online. My credit score is 632 so what gives here. I did get a cap one but that inquire was after I applied for Kay. The only reason I applied because TU says I don't have enough retail accounts.

20. trent1059

trent1059 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W

I do not know what to say, My BK-13 was discharged 7/03, I had 3 inquiries on TU when they pulled and all of my accounts are less than 6 months old.
    I applied online, called the next day and ask and she said 4000 Cl.
    With your scores and BK that far out you should have received the card, only other thing I can think of is income, I listed 95,000