Kay Jewelers Approved W/540 Fico

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by hunzi1, Dec 1, 2003.

1. 420greg

420greg Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W/540 Fic

Jewelers can be a little more gracious with their CL's because of the high mark up.

Shopping mall jewelry store mark up is 800% at the least. My mother sells jewelry wholesale, and told me to never buy at the mall. Ever.

So they approve you for 4k and you use 2 k of it on the spot.

They have about $400 at the most in to what you bought. Including their lease, staff and marketing cost.

Say you behave yourself for 6 months and make $100 payments before you default.

They are already ahead $200.

They are going to sell this debt in 60 days for 50%.

Now they are ahead $950, and out of the picture.

Not a bad profit for 1 transaction and a $400 initial investment.

Can you image how much money they make if you pay it off over time at minimum monthly?

I think I am in the wrong line of work....

2. bg

bg Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W/540 Fic

I applied online line w/523 fico, and a dismissed not discharged BK from 2002.

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W

If they focused on your filing date (as opposed to discharge), they saw your BK as older and that may have been the reason! CONGRATS!

4. jeff6898

jeff6898 Well-Known Member

hmmmmm my wife just got deinied for a kays account she has a 614 fico score but got deinied due to a recent bk discharged 4 months ago. Even called and asked for reconsideration and was told cant override the bk. strange everyone says they are bk friendly

5. jeff6898

jeff6898 Well-Known Member

hmmmmm my wife just got deinied for a kays account she has a 614 fico score but got deinied due to a recent bk discharged 4 months ago. Even called and asked for reconsideration and was told cant override the bk. strange everyone says they are bk friendly

6. jenz

jenz Well-Known Member

it appears you need an older bankruptcy filing date. being bk friendly doesnt mean they dont have guidelines.

7. miamijc

miamijc Member

Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W

Has anyone successfully disputed a new Kays tradeline as to credit limit, so as to have the TL show your limit? I would love the benefit of a low untilization on this account.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W

CRA---

CREDIT LIMIT $5,000

BALANCE $250

PLEASE UPDATE

You should send a copy of the bill for PROOF with the CREDIT LIMIT and BALANCE highlighted...

(MAY OR MAY NOT WORK)

9. bg

bg Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W/540 Fic

This is very interesting. I have been turned down for absolutely everything else I've applied for, but after reading the original post decided to try Kay. My score in in the middle 500, and I was approved. However, once I visited the store I wasn't all impressed with the selection. I heard Kay was affiliated with Jared, so I called customer service to see if the Kay card could be used at Jared. They said I could try but usually the store wants the card with their logo on. I tried and Jared would not accept the Kay card, so I applied for a Jared card and they approved me for a CL of 6500. So 4500 at Kay and now 6500 at Jared, but I can't get approved anywhere else. Your theory is probably right. I could really use the positive trade line, just hope they report the CL.

10. miamijc

miamijc Member

Re: Kay Jewelers Approved W/540 Fic

Thanks George, I hadn't thought of that. I have to see if the statement shows the credit limit. I just received my first one last week.

11. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

Kay Jewlers has such a high markup that they can afford to grant a couple of thousand dollars credit to anyone who is living or dead less than a week.

12. Mybest

Mybest Member

I also went for the Kay Jewelers credit line and this is what it said: :(

:Thank you for applying for a Kay Jewelers Credit Account. We were unable to fully process your request for instant credit at this time. We will notify you via US mail of our decision regarding your request for a Kay Jewelers account within 20 business days.

13. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Well, this thread was started over seven years ago, and the last post was well over six years ago.

I'm sure a lot has changed since then. A lot of cards that were fairly easy to get aren't easy any more.

14. Mybest

Mybest Member

I guess I should pay (MORE) attention to dates huh?? Lol..

15. wonatrading

wonatrading New Member

Hello Everyone