Key Nations Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by annie, Jul 24, 2001.

1. annie

annie Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever heard of this place? I got a call from these people this a.m. Of course it was a female speaking broken english. she said she had to verify some info on a visa or mastercard I had applied for (red flag, I have applied for all kinds of stuff!) I told her I did not remember appling to her institution and she hung up. WTF? (by the way I like that acronym :) !)

Annie

2. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

annie,
    i think you were hit by a smooth criminal. : )

seriously, a few people on this board have been getting the same type of phone calls about a week or so ago (it was discussed a lot). the way they operated was similiar (caller with an accent and divulging little information) however i don't recall anybody mentioning the name of the company in particular. the conclusion was that this must be a scam.

ledo

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

F.Y.I.

KEY BANK is a real bank...
    NATIONSBANK is a real bank bought out by BANK of AMERICA...

JUST TELL THEM TO SEND QUESTIONS IN THE MAIL (SAFEST)...

Ask them what is their complete name (SPELLING)...
    Address calling from...
    Complete name of the bank and specific information (VISA OR MASTERCARD) is a giveaway...
    WHAT IS THE INTEREST RATE (I WOULD NEVER APPLY FOR SOMETHING >9.99% WITHOUT A TEASER RATE)...

IF THEY ARE STILL ON THE LINE...
    Ask for something they would have if they really were your bank...(like first 3 digits of ss#)...
    Previous address...

4. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Key bank says their cards are issued by Associates National Bank of Delaware.

duh. None of this makes sense. I think it's good you didn't bite.

breeze

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

GENERALLY...banks don't call for NEW business...