Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Dec 7, 2000.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

It's official all 3 bureaus deleted the sterling entry :) And another item was deleted on my experian report without being deleted. It was supposed to come off in 3 years!
  2. Killer

Killer Guest

That's great! Congratulations!

I'm sending my letter real soon! I am also going to use the letter for a charged-off utility account. Do think it will work for utility account?
  3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I had a charge off from Mervyn(paid) and I sent a similar letter except I mentioned that I had a Target card ( I included the acct. #)and was a loyal customer blah blah blah. I also told them something about how I know that their company is actively invovled with education and how donating money to education is important. It worked, they removed it from my reports. I did not dispute it. It just came off (all 3). It was supposed to stay on until 2002 or 2003. I just received my reports in July of this year for the first time and sent out disputes on July 31st. I have had 9 items removed in 4 months. I have several more items to go (my student loan is listed several times by different lenders). I am giving myself until my one year mark and then I will hire someone to try the ones I couldn't remove myself. Good Luck!! p.s.I also have doubled the # of positive entries!!