KittyW1

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by annie, Aug 1, 2001.

1. annie

annie Well-Known Member

Hey,

Can you tell me of a way to get American Express to approve me? I read your post awhile back and tried what you told me to no avail. Any new tricks?

2. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Annie, this is the first time I am seeing this post...so please forgive me...email me direct at kittw1@aol.com...What tactics did you try specifically? How many other cards (all) have you applied for in the last six months?

3. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Can you post it here? I've been trying to work up the nerve to apply for amex, also.

4. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Nursie,
    Have you tried at all? Just do it! I'd do it thru the week and not the weekend and also, if by chance they deny you ask for a supv and plead your case? What's your score? 1-800-THE-CARD? Membership does have it's priviledges.

5. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

KittyW1,

Last I check my score was 630 and I have a corporate card.

Would I have a chance?

Is the blue for students easier? I am still enrolled in online grad school ?

6. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Please note that if you have a corporate card, you had to be minimally credit-worthy to get it? They still pull your credit at AMEX? I know a lawyer now making six figures and i cannot understand why she will not get her defaulted loan together. The firm attempted to get her an AMEX corp and she was denied. I would try for the Blue and if you travel, I'd go for the Delta Skymiles/AMEX card. Also, you can enroll in Membership rewards with the corp card. Although you are more than likely getting reimbursed for company expenses, the card bears your name. Last time i checked this was still an option for Corp card holders. Go for it!!

7. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Kitt,

I have a question concerning my AMEX Green card account. May I e-mail you?

Thanks,

Manny

8. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

KittyW1, if you have any special inside information or tactics on how one can get an AMEX card - or at least learn what it is one needs to do to become eligible for an AMEX card - please post your information here on the board. I know there are a lot of individuals frequenting the board who would like to become AMEX cardholders, myself being one of them. Thanks for sharing any insights you have on this issue.