KMART Mastercard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kate, Sep 15, 2000.

1. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

Has anyone received the KMART Matercard from Capital One? How strict are they with their requirements?

I am trying to rebuild my credit. I received the Capital One Gold Mastercard 3 months ago. $200 limit but, it's a start.

I don't want any unneccesary inquiries. Bottom line should I apply or wait 6 months with good payment history with Capital One?

Thanks in advance.

2. gorilla

gorilla Guest

ther is no hope for u man !!!

3. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

Gorilla,

I do not know who or what you are?!?!

Saying there is no hope for me is way over the top. How dare you criticize me without any knowledge of who I am or what my particular circumstances are.

I think you should go back to that cave that I think you have been living in.

People on this board are in all stages of credit repair/rebuilding and for you to give me that type of assinine reply indicates to me the level of maturity that I am dealing with when, I read your post.

Do us a favor and never post again unless it is atleast positive.

And for the record it is Ma'am or Woman. Not MAN.

4. me

me Well-Known Member

gorilla

If you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't post. Your post was uncalled for.

It's hard to say without knowing further details about Kate's credit history.

Sorry Kate, I personally have no experience with Cap. 1, but there are other good people here who do.

5. FISH

FISH Guest

Kmart has/had a credit card issued by Beneficial National until about a year ago, they then went with Household USA, got stricter with the card and as of November they will no longer have the KMart card by HHBank, as they are closing those accounts.

6. Parrot

Parrot Guest

They will no longer be offering the Kmart card ? Or that it will no longer be issued by household bank. I haven't heard anything about this.
    Kate, are you saying that capitalone is now issuing Kmart cards ? I just noticed you had mentioned something along those lines in your post.

7. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

Fish,

The offer I received today was a pre-approved offer for the new Kmart Mastercard from Capital One.

Interest-Free (Kmart Purchases for 6 Months)
    No Annual Fee
    Credit Line up to $1200 ($200-$1200)

You can use this mastercard anywhere but, it favors purchases made at Kmart.

It carries a 19.8% APR after the 6 month intro which, is less than the Gold card.

I may wait 30 days and apply.

8. FISH

FISH Guest

I had not used my card for awhile so I called to see if it was still active, and the rep told me it could not be re-instated due to the fact that as of Nov. they would no longer honor that card. Maybe that is what Kate is talking about, they are changing the issuer to Capital One

9. FISH

FISH Guest

Target Card

Target is an easy card to get. They do start out with a low limit, but I called the customer service today and asked the increase procedure as I have had the card for a couple of years and only had one increase about 18 months after I had it. The response was........they review the account every 90 days for an increase, they DO NOT automatically increase the limit. It is based on your purchasing habits and payment record and most of the time they DO NOT increase it except every 12-18 months, HOWEVER they said that if you have good pay and pay more than the min. that you can call in on the 4th month and ask for an increase and most of the time get it. Then wait another 4-5 months and call again. On all of my CRA's I have not seen where they have done AR ot AM so it must be by computer according to your Target record. They upped mine today by 100 and said that if my record stays as is I caould call in Jan and get another one. Just an FYI for anyone who likes Target better than KMart

10. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

RE: Target Card

Thanks, for the information Fish. I will keep it in mind.

11. mick

mick Guest

Capital One is a reputable bank. The KMART mastercard sounds good if you like it. FISH is right on the target card.

12. Blondie

Blondie Guest

I was wondering about the Target card. I just started re-establishing my credit and have a secured visa for about 4 or 5 months now. Should I wait until 6 months before I try to apply for another card?

13. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

How long does it take for Target to report to the CRA's? And do they report to all three? I have had them since June 00, and they have failed to report my status.

Reshod

14. David

David Well-Known Member

I opened Target in May, 2000, and they do report to all 3 CRA's. I did take a few months to do so, though.

15. Barbara

Barbara Guest

I got my card in June 00, it was very easy to get, I have bad credit. They started me a $200.00, but increased me to $500.00 after my third payment. They have reported on my credit file since August.

16. FISH

FISH Guest

You can go to www.target.com and apply on-line and receive instant approval with the amount of your credit line and your account number. The card should arrive in about a week. They do report to all 3 but it takes a couple of months, they report the first or second month as too new to rate. Read the previous posts on the low starting credit line but how to increase it.

17. Parrot

Parrot Guest

I would assume that rather then loose miliions of cardholders they would be reissuing them new cards with whatever bank is the new account holder. If this isn't the case they will certainly loose alot of customers and get tons of complaints as well. This is normal business practice, when a company changes the bank the card is issued through, that new bank owns the old accounts, and issues these cleints new cards with new account numbers. This will be interesting to see what happens.

18. Parrot

Parrot Guest

thats interesting Kate, keep us posted . I wonder if they will just be offering the kmart mastercard and doing away with the Kmart retail card all together. However that would leave alot of competition with target and walmart which still offer the retail card.

19. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I would definitely apply, if you ever shop at Kmart. You probably don't get preapproved offers very often, and I don't think Capital One sends them out frivolously. They probably want to approve anyone they reasonably can.

With no annual fee, you don't have much to lose. Be prepared, however, for a $200 credit line. That would fit the Capital One modus operandi.