KMARTCAP 1

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FISH, Oct 8, 2000.

1. FISH

FISH Guest

Has anyone responded to the new offer out for the Kmart Mastercard, from Capital One.
    They sent out massive PRE-approved offers in the last few weeks. Wondered how they did as the offer says UP TO $2500 limit. Now that Household does not do the Kmart card just curious as to how Capital one is doing on approvals and limits

2. David

David Well-Known Member

I belive the max limit is $25K, not $2500.

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Why can't I get one of these offers? Maybe you have to be with CapOne for longer than 11 months, or maybe my credit isn't good enough.

I personally wouldn't care about the limit, as long as there's no annual fee. One reason I like these little retail cards like Target or Kmart is that it's hard for me to get in trouble at a discount store. I only walk in the door to buy something specific, and I rarely find myself tempted by anything else.

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I also received one of these offers. There is no annual fee & 0% interest for six months on Kmart purchases. Unfortunately RichGuy, it is a mastercard. While it may be easy to contain your spending at the retail stores, you CAN use this card anywhere mastercard is accepted. Could be dangerous, huh? :)

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Definitely. It could be dangerous, unless the credit limit were low, which was part of my hypothesis. I would tend to use a card like that only at the store anyway, since that's the only way to get the low intro rate (and possibly extra rewards of some sort, although they weren't mentioned.)

But you're absolutely right that a Kmart MasterCard with a limit of, let's say, $10,000 could be dangerous in my hands, and in others as well. The only situation where I wouldn't be tempted to use it would be for lunch out with the boss. If the boss made fun of Killer's Orchard Bank card, just imagine what his reaction would have been to a Kmart MasterCard. :)

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. Could you imagine going into an expensive dept. store & pulling out your Kmart mastercard? I don't think I could live down the stares & laughter! :)

7. Parrot

Parrot Guest

you can apply for this card be calling 1-800-gokmart :)

8. Parrot

Parrot Guest

LOL that could be funny, but oh well. I don't think i would really care. Perhaps if these high line stores reduced their interest rates we would not have to resort to kmart mastercards :)

9. Rich Guy

Rich Guy Guest

Thank you. That's the kind of card I need right now.