Know of any Canadian Credit Ca

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Danielle, Sep 13, 2000.

1. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Hello,
    I am looking to see if anyone knows of any Canadian Credit cards for Canadians with bad credit! i find all these credit card companys who are willing to give credit cards but to USA resisdents only! it sucks! Can someone help me?
    Danielle

2. Pat

Pat Guest

RE: Know of any Canadian Credi

Danielle-

if you go to www.creditnet.com (this site) and click on more cards, you will see the AEA international Visa. It is a secured Visa card, which Canadians may obtain by opening a savings account. The card is not available to residents of Quebec, as the card info is not available in French, and the language police have banned it.

3. Michael

Michael Guest

WE POSTED INFO ON THIS VERY TOPIC ABOUT 30 DAYS AGO. USE THE SEARCH DIRECTORY AND YOU WILL COME UP WITH A TRUST CO. I THINK IT'S HOME TRUST.

STAY AWAY FROM AEA IT'S A RIP OFF IF YOU WANT A U.S. CARD GET A SECURED CARD FROM CHASE YOU WILL NEED ONLY A U.S. ADDRESS AND A ITIN FROM THE IRS. THEN YOU BUILD UP CREDIT ALSO IN THE U.S.

4. Michael

Michael Guest

Here's the last posting on the subject:

Home Trust Bank which is based in Canada will be offering a new secured card for canadians with bad or no credit, here's the article:

http://cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view.cgi?/news/2000/08/10/credit_card000810

It does require a minimum deposit of $300 though but They may be able to help you.

5. sani

sani Guest

I RESIDE IN CANADA AND I AM ABOUT TO APPLY FOR THE SECURED VISA CARD FROM AEA,COULD MICHAEL OR ANY ONE TELL ME WHY AEA'S SECURED VISA IS A RIP OFF AS STATED BY MICHAEL?OR THAT ONLY APPLIES FOR U.S. RESIDENTS?IS IT THE APPLICATION FEE(BECAUSE ITS TOO HIGH)?PLEASE EXPLAIN.