knowyourscore.com

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nevo, Dec 22, 2000.

1. Nevo

Nevo Guest

Is this service any good?

I went to their website and requested my score. A few days later I got a call on my answering machine with an 800 number to call about my score.

I got in touch with this individual today. He was very professional and courteous on the telephone. He gave me my score and assured me that this was indeed a FICO score. Since the company is a mortgage lender (First Ohio Morgage), I'm inclined to trust this.

My score was MUCH higher than I expected, which makes me a little wary. He said they pulled from Trans Union, and I'm guessing that some of my negative accounts are showing on Experian and not TU. (He read me the derogatory comments from the TU report. The ones he had were accurate, but not complete.) This is happy news for me if it's true! (I'll find out when my reports come in.)

Without any other data, I am inclined to see this company as honest and the score they gave me as accurate. Does anyone have any indication to the contrary?

Based solely on my personal experience, I would say this company is worth trying. My experience with them was very positive.

Now, this is a mortgage company, and they are providing this service in the hopes that you're looking for a mortgage and will use them. I see nothing wrong with this. Just know this going into the site. I did NOT get any sales pitch when I called in for my score.

-Nevo

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

But remember this is a HARD inquiry on your report.

3. average jo

average jo Guest

No it is not a hard inquirie on your credit report.It tells you that on their website.I wouldn't obtained my score if it was a hard one.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't see anywhere on their website where it states it is soft?? Normally any mortgage company that pulls your credit comes up as a hard one. I believe Roni did this months back and believe she stated it was hard??

5. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Is it always TU?

or does it vary?

6. Nevo

Nevo Guest

I imagine it must be a 'hard' inquiry. The gentleman had details of my past sins. ;)

I don't know if they always pull TU; I'm but a single soul. I asked about MY report, and was told it was TU.

-Nevo

7. average jo

average jo Guest

They have a missing link.When i first went to their site,and went under a question marked"will this affect my credit rating?"They said no.So when i went back to the site just 10 mins. ago this question is missing.So i still beive this is not a hard inquirie because they are not getting your actual FICO score instead they running a current credit report thru their credit rating software that uses almost the same scoring method just like FICO giving a person an ideal how they stand with "TU" CB.Also i got a phone call from 1 of my creditors since i checked my report with worthknowing.com offering me a 5.9% rate on balance transfers,and i asked them if i can qualify for their platinum credit card.So i call CSR for an upgrade,and i got approved for it,and just received my brand new platinum card.So it couldn't of done any damage to my rating for checking my own credit report from worthknowing.com.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I know worthknowing isn't a hard inquiry it is a soft. Are you referring to this or knowyourscore.com, this site is a mortgage ledner site??

9. Kristi

Kristi Guest

free offer for score has a catch:First Ohio is licensed in Ohio and this free offer is only for people seeking home loan information for Ohio properties.

Nevo wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I imagine it must be a 'hard' inquiry. The gentleman had details of my past sins. ;)

I don't know if they always pull TU; I'm but a single soul. I asked about MY report, and was told it was TU.

-Nevo

10. average jo

average jo Guest

Yes i was refering to worthknowing.com i got on the wrong thread this knowyourscore.com i would avoid!This is a "hard inquirie"Back in june of 1999 i checked my real score,and it came out to 693 at that time.They even warned me that it will remain on my report for 2 years but if this is the only inquirie then it won't hurt you too much which i do agree with.I been all over as far with message boards with alot of worthknowing.com but got got mixed up with this thread.Sorry for the mix up.

11. Nevo

Nevo Guest

Kristi,

I don't believe this is the case. Yes, they are a mortgage lender, and yes, the service is targeted at those who are seeking a mortgage. However, I saw nothing on their website indicating you had to be in the market for a mortgage to get your score. Plus, when I told the guy I wasn't in the market for a mortgage, he said nothing about this. I let him know I just wanted to know my credit score and he replied that that's what the service was for, and if I was ever in the market for a mortgage, consider First Ohio.

Given the professionalism and courtesy of my experiece, I will consider them in the future. They do mortgages in many states; not just Ohio.

-Nevo