Kohl's Charge Approval

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Mar 12, 2001.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

OK, so a new Kohl's store opened up near me, so I went yesterday to check it out. Filled out an instant credit application, waited an hour, went for results...$1500 credit limit! This is a department store - why in the world would I need a line that large?!! Has anyone ever been approved instantly for an account, then received a smaller line when the plastic arrived? I was expecting $250 to $500 - this is ridiculous.

Jac

2. zip

zip Well-Known Member

I did the same thing at The Bon-Tons.Instant credit approval for 1500.00.Its strange because they pulled Experian and thats my worst report.

3. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I have had a Kohl's charge for years. They really are a great store. They are generous with
    credit lines and it is easy to request credit limit increases. Customer service is wonderful.
    Just take the credit limit and run Jacqui, run! ;-)

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T COMPLAIN...it will help with your scores...

JCPENNEY'S HAD ME AT $30,000 BEFORE THEY FIXED IT.

(COMPUTER ERROR)

5. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

30,000???

You could buy EVERYTHING in JCP with that credit limit....luckily you didn't try. :eek:)

6. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Re: 30,000???

How come it seems that department stores are lot more generous than credit card companies? My Hechts credit limit is almost as much as my Discover Card's and my CompUSA surpasses that. Go figure.

Dani

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: 30,000???

DANI: the basic answer to your question is that you are "STUCK" at SEARS or PENNEYS or WHATEVER you can't take your SEARS card to the local 7-11 to shop...