Kohl's

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by OtherTerri, Jul 15, 2001.

1. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a Kohl's credit card? If so, is it easy to get? Do you need a mc or visa to get one?

Still looking for easy to get department store cards!

Thanks,

Terri

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

3. OtherTerri

Thanks, George

4. OtherTerri

How long do you think I need to have a mc before I can use it to get Kohl's and Target?

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T KNOW...I don't have either.

Back in the olden' days...once I got my first card...I went to town, AMASSING LARGE QUANTITIES of cards.

LUCKILY, NO F.I.C.O. BACK THEN.

6. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

My son works there and he didn't even try for one until he had his first VISA.

Ya know what the credit department asked "how long has he worked here?"

Still, he just walked in with a treasure today. Kohl's is 15% off when you apply today only (I think that's in-store applications, but I could be wrong). Well, he gets a 10% employee discount, plus this is his first time using the card since he got it, so he got a total of 25% off today. Plus, they're having some kind of sale, so he basically walked away with $350 in clothes and shoes for about $175.

Curious thing though is, he says, they apply his employee discount off at statement time, not at purchase.

7. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Sonny had his VISA for 2 weeks when he got his Kohl's card.

8. OtherTerri

Thank you. We have a Kmart mc on it's way. I will try for Target and Kohl's shortly after it arrives.

Terri

9. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Kohl's used to be issued by CRSI - Citibank Retail Services Inc.

10. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I have had a Kohl's card since 1993. I can't remember if they asked me for a major credit card as a reference. I did have a MasterCard at the time. My credit was not that great back then, but I received the card without a problem.

I really like Kohl's. They have great merchandise and great prices. Good luck!!