Kristi ? about settlement with

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 24, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I called the collection agency about my hubby's debt, they WILL NOT remove/delete it after I pay it, they will just mark it paid, which of course does diddley for his scores, but it must be paid in order to get mortgage. Now once I pay this can they try to reage this debt, it is due to fall off in Dec02, I know I have been told they can restart the clock, but I have heard they can try. Can i send a letter or get them to send a letter agreeing that it will be marked paid and that's it??

2. kristi

kristi Guest

RE: Kristi ? about settlement

Mom,
    Whose who agency? I like to know because I know how some work and I can give a better suggestion.

Momof3 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Well I called the collection agency about my hubby's debt, they WILL NOT remove/delete it after I pay it, they will just mark it paid, which of course does diddley for his scores, but it must be paid in order to get mortgage. Now once I pay this can they try to reage this debt, it is due to fall off in Dec02, I know I have been told they can restart the clock, but I have heard they can try. Can i send a letter or get them to send a letter agreeing that it will be marked paid and that's it??

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Krisit, they are called Inovision and are located in Key West Florida

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Kristi, i have a paid collection from 1995, with a Stallings Financial Group collection agency out of Marietta, GA. I have disputed it with the CRA's hoping that they would not verify it, i have also contacted the agency directly via ceritified mail, and the original creditor. As you may know, all have been met will negative results. It is scheduled to fall off in 2002, yet i am planning on getting a house soon, and I would like to choose my lender. What other courses of action can you recommend? I am already a member of Junum.com, yet the CRA's have verified it with them as well.

Thanks in Advance,
    Reshod

5. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Kristi, i have a paid collection from 1995, with a Stallings Financial Group collection agency out of Marietta, GA. I have disputed it with the CRA's hoping that they would not verify it, i have also contacted the agency directly via ceritified mail, and the original creditor. As you may know, all have been met will negative results. It is scheduled to fall off in 2002, yet i am planning on getting a house soon, and I would like to choose my lender. What other courses of action can you recommend? I am already a member of Junum.com, yet the CRA's have verified it with them as well.

Thanks in Advance,
    Reshod

kristi wrote:
    Mom,
    Whose who agency? I like to know because I know how some work and I can give a better suggestion.

Momof3 wrote:

6. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

Reshod and Kristi, or anyone who can help

Any new info or happenings since your last post about Stallings Fin?