Kristi-another question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Stephen An, Jan 7, 2001.

1. Stephen An

Stephen An Guest

Equifax is also a defendant in the suit. I'm claiming that they have a policy that creates a mechanism for representing current accounts as past due (I5 or 120+ days past due on accounts that were paid in full).

Here is what I need to know. When was the amendment to the FCRA effective? I mean the one that requires "furnishers of credit information" to update results to all credit bureaus to whom the information was provided. It looks like the law was amended 9/96, effective 360 days later, or 9/97. Am I right? It looks like I did a dispute 11/97 of accounts from NELA. It shows the information was verified 11/97 on my credit report, but I don't have any confirmation letter from Trans Union. Also, no Consumer Dispute Verification showed up in the NELA files I requested under the request for Production of Documents. So, is the evidence of any real weight, and was the new law in effect?

2. Kristi

Kristi Guest

Yes it was.

If NELA claims they veriffied the debt back to the bureaus then where is their proof? In the FCRA the bureaus then have 5 days to show you how the debt was verified, IE: Real documents from the source. If they do not then they have for sure violated the FCRA.

Just my Opinion.
    I am NOT a lawyer.

Stephen Anderson wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Equifax is also a defendant in the suit. I'm claiming that they have a policy that creates a mechanism for representing current accounts as past due (I5 or 120+ days past due on accounts that were paid in full).

Here is what I need to know. When was the amendment to the FCRA effective? I mean the one that requires "furnishers of credit information" to update results to all credit bureaus to whom the information was provided. It looks like the law was amended 9/96, effective 360 days later, or 9/97. Am I right? It looks like I did a dispute 11/97 of accounts from NELA. It shows the information was verified 11/97 on my credit report, but I don't have any confirmation letter from Trans Union. Also, no Consumer Dispute Verification showed up in the NELA files I requested under the request for Production of Documents. So, is the evidence of any real weight, and was the new law in effect?

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Steve

How is this equifax/NELA whole thing going?

4. Stephen An

Stephen An Guest

RE: Steve

I'm making them sweat. I just wore out their first legal counsel. He is bailing out, so they are bringing in different counsel. Too bad, I was just beginning to like the guy.

I'm suing for treble damages under Washington State's False and Deceptive Business Practices Act (conspiracy clause)--over 2,000,000 in damages. Can you believe it, I filed suit in last March and they still show open balances on my Trans Union credit report on a debt they admitted was paid in full 6/95. I could still use that credit report you promised with the I-5 status and corresponding zero balances. Fax 1-800-886-7485. Better yet, if you email me your address, I'll fly you to Seattle for a short vacation and depose you (video tape) for evidence in my trial.