Kristi...Will You Get An Answe

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Killer, Oct 6, 2000.

1. Killer

Killer Guest

Kristi,

I want either Junum or Lexington do to credit repair on all my bad accounts on my CR's except one account. Could I trust either of them to follow my instructions and not touch that account? This account is still collectable and rather let sleeping dogs lie (did I spell that correctly).

2. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

RE: Kristi...Will You Get An A

Killer:
    What I reccommend is that you talk to the law firm about that. I know junum will only dispute what accounts you indicate but I am not sure Lexi will, only because I believe it is their practice to give you your moneys worth by disputing all debts that are negative and questionable. I could be wrong and I am sure Lexi could certaintly follow your exact instructions as well as junum. The one thing I can say is that both are very professional. While some say Lexi does not communicate well, I do know they work well. On the other hand junum has a large staff to handle the customer support which I beleive Lexi is working to expand.

Also, many times Experian especially seems to question items that you have not specifically indicated. I know one of our clients questioned 2 debts and Experian wiped out 6! I do'nt know why this happens but it does from time to time. Tell me more about the debt you are trying to avoid and I'll see if there is any reason I can see around it or if it really will make a big difference. Just a few facts about it like state, statute and last payment.

Killer wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Kristi,

I want either Junum or Lexington do to credit repair on all my bad accounts on my CR's except one account. Could I trust either of them to follow my instructions and not touch that account? This account is still collectable and rather let sleeping dogs lie (did I spell that correctly).

3. Killer

Killer Guest

It is a repo that occurred in 1999 in Texas. It's my understanding that the applicable SOL is 4 years. The account has a high balance that I am unable to pay (I really wish I could).

4. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

I agree. Leave it be. With a fresh repo from just 1 year ago, you are still in dangerous waters for discovery. Just be very specific about disputing that debt and ask either one to give you a written letter that they understand you do not want that debt challenged. BTW,were all repo procedures followed appropriately? If, not you may have a good area for out or a reduced settlement.

Killer wrote:
    -------------------------------
    It is a repo that occurred in 1999 in Texas. It's my understanding that the applicable SOL is 4 years. The account has a high balance that I am unable to pay (I really wish I could).

5. Killer

Killer Guest

I dont know if they were or not. This was a horrible time in my life! What I do know is that the finance company had the wrong address for me. I never received a letter stating that they plan to repo. I was only 1 month behind and they took the car!