Kudos To Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by brad, Sep 17, 2001.

1. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Citigroup Creates $15 Million Relief Fund for Scholarships
    for Children of Victims of the September 11th Disaster

New York, NY â?? Citigroup announced a $15 million contribution to a newly created Citigroup Relief Fund that will provide scholarships to the children of victims of the September 11th disaster.

"On September 11th, terrorists brutally attacked the United States and so many innocent people were murdered. But if their crimes showed the very worst of humanity, the rescuers who immediately went to work to save lives showed the very best," said Sandy Weill, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.

"The world has rarely seen such heroism at such a terrible cost. Hundreds of firefighters, police officers, and other rescue officials perished in the effort. They and so many have lost their lives â?? and lost their futures. We share a responsibility for the future of their children."

"We are so proud of the way that this country has responded to the crisis. The courage of all the rescue workers has been astonishing. Many of our employees and customers around the world have expressed their strong desire to contribute additional resources to help the relief effort. We hope that our $15 million contribution and the additional contributions from our employees and customers will help."

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

That is great considering their stock is tumbling at the moment.
    The company that I work for reluctantly matched employee contributions for the NYC disaster relief. I guess they have a heart:)

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yes!! Kudos to Citibank!! The also own some of the insurance companies involved. That is probably why the stock tumble.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TO CITIBANK...
    GIVE ME MY PLATINUM SELECT CARD NO CREDIT REPORT (2 IS ENOUGH)
    CREDIT LIMIT $10,000 OR MORE WITH THE 0.00% BT TILL 06/2002 AND I WILL TRIPLE MY WWW.REDCROSS.ORG DONATION ($1,000.00 X 3 = $3,000.00)...

5. brad

brad Well-Known Member

George,are you ever going to get over your perceived being slighted by C.C. company's? From reading your posts you seem to have some excellent cards,so what is the problem? NO I WAS NOT SHOUTING.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BEING DENIED CITIBANK IS A SORE SPOT!!!
    I ASSUME I am NOT good enough for them!!!
    People with F.I.C.O. scores 100+ lower get the card(s)!!!

END OF RANT...

7. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Wells Fargo contributed $1M to the Red Cross too - Kudos to them!

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WAL*MART $2,000,000

9. brad

brad Well-Known Member

CCB must be monitoring this board,because I heard they are going to kick in 19.99 for the relief effort,providian,I mean providing everyone makes their payments on time this month.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Too bad I have made EVERY payment on time since 1978 and can't get the GET SMART 0.00% with a "GO-TO" 9.99%...DENIED!