Lady Carr

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 13, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hi, I called Citibank to request balance transfers. They said they would put it through to the business department and I should get an answer in 5 days. Is this how it worked with your hubby?? They didn't mention anything about pulling my credit just wanted me annual income.

Thanks

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They asked for income???
    Did you ask for a balance transfer over your limit, so they increased your credit line?

IF YOUR TRANSFER WAS UNDER YOUR CURRENT LIMIT...THEY DIDN'T NEED INCOME.

JUST MY OPINION.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

George

My balance is zero, i haven't used the card. I just got it to transfer balances over and if they do approve it I may just close the thing.

4. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

That's exactly what we were told, and they also asked for the income too, but they did tell us that they were going to check the credit again, to make sure that no other accounts had been defaulted on. But like I said, I don't think they rechecked it because I didn't see another inquiry.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Lady

Thanks Lady, so did you hear from them or did you call back to check???

Mom

6. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: Lady

Both
    I kept checking online, under the balance transfer thing, and once it was approved, I was able to transfer the balances online. I checked it everyday after the request. I forgot how long it took. We also got a letter from them letting us know that we qualified for their 6.9 for 6 months.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks

I will be checking online in a few days:) I just love online access, don't you:)

8. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: Your're welcome

Yeah, i love the online access too. Every morning before I leave, I check all my online accounts, and boy, don't I have a lot of them. :)

9. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

If it was for an amount under your credit limit, why didn't you just order convenience checks? You can even order them through your on-line account.

If the request was for over the amount of your limit, then you'll have to wait for them to pull an inquiry.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

MP

I have no balance at all zero, I just got the card to transfer hoping they let me or I am closing it.

11. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Mom0f3
    They did the same to me on the AAsilver and and they gave me 6.9 for six months . So don;t worry I think their gonna give you it.
    Good luck mom ,

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks

Thanks that's good to hear:)

13. BLE103

BLE103 Guest

CITIBANK is very strict on balance transfers now days.You have to meet certin standards for them to approve you for a special interest rate.If you have a high debt to income ratio you will be declined!Take it from someone that know their b.s. they are doing.