Last minute nerves

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jul 2, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok..well, we are still scheduled for tomorrow late afternoon..however, I didn't get a call telling me the amount of the cashier's check...title company is set, just waiting for paperwork from broker..who no one heard from ..so if everyone could send a "happy mortgage thought" my way to ensure nothing goes wrong with closing, that would be great!!

I'll keep wearing my lucky necklace..LOL...

I think we would have heard if something negative would have happened..I did email and call so I should hear in the morning and realtor is always a comfort!

BTW, a good realtor is a must..we got so lucky...!

I'll take all your reassurance posts if you have the time...print them out and sleep with them...ROFLMAO..

I'm not nervous..who me???

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Nana, you will be FINE, try not to worry, remember how calm I was LOL!!!!! Seriously everything will work out great, you had your littel delay and by tomorrow afternoon you will be a home owner, I just know it!!
    Don't worry about the check either, I have heard many people not getting their total until they day of closing, most had gotten their checks based on their GFE if the closing was early morning, but don't worry you will be FINE:)

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thank you, Mom..I can't tell you (and don't have to cuz I know you understand) what a knot my stomach is in...I don't think I could handle another delay..and it's be 2 days cuz of the holiday...

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THE REAL ESTATE AGENT DROPPED OFF THE MONEY DUE PAPER WORK THE DAY BEFORE, I THINK...SOMEBODY messed up, so I had to over pay, and then the title company cut me a check for the DIFFERENCE.

NOTE: not every bank has CERTIFIED CHECKS...my bank didn't, so I had to go to another bank with the cash...and that bank ripped me off for like $5.00 I think...

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I totally understand, but remember how you kept telling me not to worry and "DOG" snapped me his good luck, well I am snapping it to you, I am sure DOGMAN won't mind a bit:) If you are still here jump in chat:)

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

REASSURANCE!

-Dave

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

It will be fine!!

don't worry......be happy

breeze

8. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

You've come this far. You will be fine. Since you are closing in the afternoon, I am sure the title company will have your figures in the morning. You will have plenty of time. I think at one closing the title company quoted a lower figure than I was supposed to have. I brought a certified check for what they told me and they gladly took a personal check for the balance. They told me "we know where to find you" if the check is bad. They said a check from the buyer is okay, but not from the seller. LOL

I got more worried that my attorney was running a little late!

You'll be fine. You can tell us all about it when it's over.

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, thanks, thanks to all of you! We drove down and checked on hubby's dad. He has cancer and is one of the reasons we moved here. He looked good and that cheered us up! I really appreciate having the messages to come home to...it made a huge difference!

10. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

thinking only happy thoughts

Everything is gonna be fine - :)

11. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

While cancer repair is a wee bit off topic, I thought I would let you in on this bit of info that might help out.

I have run into a report about a new medicine that you should ask your doctor about. It is a valid and fully verified report and not just some old wives tale. I understand that it was published in the New England Journal of Medicine although I have not checked on that.

A new pill has been discovered that cures all forms of cancer bar none. I also understand that it may already have been approved by FDA. Supposedly it's only real drawback is it's cost which is reported to be about $2000.00 per month until the patient is cured. If I remember correctly, the manufacturer is DuPont Labs. Whoever the manufacturer is, it was also reported that they plan to give the pill away free to those who cannot afford it.

If the report is correct, that would be great indeed.
    You should ask your doctor to check on it and see if (s)he knows anything about it.

Count on the fact that my sources usually know what they are talking about and that it's not just a rumor.

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

teehee

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Update!

Broker said that mortgage company faxed instructions yesterday and paperwork was sent by overnight courier..

Title company says fax not received..but this title company has lost 3 fax copies so far...someone there isn't too bright. The good news is that it looks like all is well! :) A fax is easy to send again so I'm feeling better!

Ok..when can I get really excited?? I know, when the realtor says it's all there! LOL