late payment

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rc, Mar 25, 2000.

1. rc

rc Guest

I just received a copy of my credit report and it states that I was late on my car payment August of 99. I had to replace the engine in my car and the credit union agreed to just add my August payment to the end of the contract. Can they show a late even if we agreed to add the payment to the end of the loan? i disputed it but it remains. I contacted the credit union and they say they must show it this way because they report to the bureaus every month.

2. Kristi

Kristi Guest

It shows this way because the credit union is reporting it each month as it is. They need to change the data on their system to permanantly correct it. Very easy to do. Most credit unions have the same system. The employee goes into your loan account and changes the bureau codes. That is it. All they have to do is put a one in which equals current. Don't let them tell you it's difficult. It isn't.

rc wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I just received a copy of my credit report and it states that I was late on my car payment August of 99. I had to replace the engine in my car and the credit union agreed to just add my August payment to the end of the contract. Can they show a late even if we agreed to add the payment to the end of the loan? i disputed it but it remains. I contacted the credit union and they say they must show it this way because they report to the bureaus every month.