Latest Cap1 update!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by author_22, Sep 11, 2001.

1. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Well, they are still taking this extremely seriously and want to send me an affidavit that I did not consent to opening the account. Apparently they still consider what my father did a crime of fraud. I told them that he made a mistake, but did not have criminal intent. I was told that any fraud is criminal and that my name was used without permission.

Still worried. I was told that possibly I can open a secured account. I had offered to pay the $625 written off (and get it back from dear old dad) but he said that wouldn't change anything.

If I hadn't already started fighting this, I'd give up. I can't wait for my new Citi card :) And now it seems even if this works out with Cap1, my father's clean criminal record is in jeopardy, and i can't even get the KMart or Classic card...but a secured one? Is it even worth it? I'd hate to have wasted the guy's time...but.....

Steph

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Steph.....you're killing me. They are NOT going to do anything to your dad.

Same thing happened to me years ago. Long story short I got a Mervyn's card when I was 15 and my mom took the card and abused it. I didn't find out about it until I was 18 and purchasing my first card. They stated that I had a Mervyn's chargeoff on my report. I called Mervyn's and they sent me copies of charge slips. They DID NOT have my signature on them so I had to sign an affidavit of forgery. On the back it asked for an explanation and I told them straight up that my mother was the one. Then I had to sign my name like 5 times, get the document notarized and that was it. They removed it.

I still have a hard time understanding that they are making a big deal out of this when you were only an authorized user. Everyone on this board knows that AU's are NOT responsible for NOTHING! Now if he added you as a joint applicant, that's a whole different ball game and I could see why they would prosecute.

Have they tried to contact your dad at all yet?