Lawsuit Updates....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Sep 11, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I think its been awhile since those who filed lawsuits against the CRAs have updated their status. Would anyone care to share some info with the group??

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

bump

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: bump

Now that we're aware that Trans Union (and possibly others) are regular readers of this bulletin board, several plaintiffs are waiting for the lawsuits to be resolved before posting updates here.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: bump

Prudent thinking.

5. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Secrets for money

If the bureaus settle, there'll be non-disclosure agreements.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Secrets for money

I don't think that was the case in LizardKing's situation......

7. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

then, I'd love to read the settlement agreements.

8. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Experian officially settled with me yesterday, received an updated report and letter from them today. There was no non-disclosure statement or agreement. Tomorrow I go to the court to file for dismissal. I figure that since the letter asked for a dismissal, I will do so immediately, and should they not abide by their letter once I've completed my part of the agreement (dismissal), it would be a slam dunk lawsuit should they go back on their word.

As stated previously, the board is being watched, so I think it is no longer prudent for us to post about our contacts or results with the lawsuits until a final and official conclusion has been reached. Posting about our cases prior to their conclusion could preclude a beneficial outcome for us.

However, I will be more than happy to post all results, letters, and contact info once the final disposition of the case has been reached, that is unless I'm required to sign a non-disclosure form as part of the final settlement. I have rock solid cases against TU and Eq as far as I'm concerned, and expect favorable outcomes shortly.

I will say this: If you have false information on your reports, and the CRA has violated the FCRA, a lawsuit certainly gets the attention of the CRA's, and gets it quickly. I've received no less than 5 calls from 2 CRA's, and a overnighted corrected report this week.

It is ridiculous that it should take a lawsuit to get that kind of attention, or get someone who can actually read and comprehend a letter of complaint and act accordingly, but that's how it is.

Good Luck to All,

danrs

9. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Where do i get info on telling me what is wrong and right..I noticed a thing on my report and experian wont fix it ..Says its been verified but is wrong.

10. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

Yes, it does seem they are jumping through their @sses to make simple corrections to reports to settle.

It's easy for them to get some low level flunkie to get on the horn and negotiate. Even easier to delete accounts.

I'll raise my eye brows when someone posts a settlement which includes cash...

SK

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I DOUBT THEY WOULD EVEN PAY $102.00...ENOUGH TO BUY ONE REPORT @ $8.50 EVERY OTHER MONTH FOR 2 YEARS...

12. SofaKing

At the very least, they should pay court costs.

SK

13. PsychDoc

I suggest we not post additional lawsuit letters here. If someone needs a particular sample letter, I'd recommend they simply post a message asking for one and include a safe email address (i.e., Hotmail or the like). If lawsuit letters begin to look alike, and those letters originate here, individual suits may pack less of a punch.

14. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Alas. There goes one of the most important reasons they quake in their boots: Free-flowing information about their every move.

Who needs a non-disclosure agreement with this kind of fear?

One of the bigger questions (and, perhaps, Mr. Richardson can answer it) is: How many have been settled that we never heard about?

15. PsychDoc

You're probably right, Greg. I suggest we engage in the free-flowing exchange of information regarding sample lawsuit letters (exact wording) via email. There's also a lot of room to discuss on the bbs after lawsuits are settled; I think you may be wrong about every settlement including a non-disclosure agreement.

16. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

What is the address of the posting of the letters?

17. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

The settlement agreements.

If there are no non-disclosure covenants, may we read them?

18. judp

judp Member

Continuance

Received a letter from TU. They are asking the court for a postponement. Some crap about not being able to get there on that date. Big multi-million dollar company can't spare anyone to appear in court huh?

Sent an offer to settle, deletion of the account in return for dropping the lawsuit. Court wouldn't send it with the service, so I sent it seperately to the same address. Guess they are fighting it? Or maybe just a stall tactic until they can do a REAL verification to support their case.

That's okay, they never did send verify process info, so they are mine for at least 1K.

Now I'm really pi$$ed.

TU, should you be reading this, see you in court, and bring your checkbook!

beth

19. SofaKing

Re: Continuance

Beth-

Some small claims courts allow filing of motions. Perhaps you can file a motion objecting to their request for postponement?

SK

20. judp

judp Member

Re: Continuance

I'll call and find out. It is ridiculous for them to claim it will take an additional month to find someone who can make it there. Another instance of TU crapping on the consumer. No doubt so they can get their information together.

I guess I'm just angry that this signals and end to the "easy out" of a settlement, and now I must prove this in front of a judge.

beth