Lawsuit, what are they doing?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by danrs, Aug 30, 2001.

1. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Filed against all 3 the other day. Equifax must have recieved theirs because on Credit Watch this morning, the trade line in question is in dispute again, and I haven't disputed it.

Anyone have any idea what this means? Has anyone else (Lizardking or others) found them to dispute before settling? Or are they possibly getting things together to fight it?

I don't get Equifax. The apparently can't read very well. Last month I requested verification process info, and specifically stated it was NOT a request to reverify, but that's what they did. Not only that, they never sent the verification process info as requested.

Two weeks ago, I sent a demand letter (demand of payment for damages) and have heard nothing. Maybe, and this just occurred to me, the dispute was in response to the demand letter? They couldn't be that slow though.....

Don't know how to take this. Either they are complete morons with no understanding of the English language, or they are going to stubbornly fight it. That would be allright too, I guess, as I've got the best case against them.

Strange thing is, this trade line will be 7 years old from last activity in October! I would have just let the thing drop off, but I'm worried maybe they'd let it go the "7 years 6 months" from last activity, and I'd be stuck with it after the first of the year, at a time when I'll need it off.

Any ideas?

dan

2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

hey, who did you send your lawsuits to? Which addresses and which people did you name? What state are you in BTW?

I am sending my demand letters out today and giving them 15 days to respond.. my letters are going to their Legal Dept.. then filing suit after 15 days.

3. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Ender,

I'm in LA, CA

In the Defendant block of the complaints, it shows:

Trans Union LLC
    Agent: Prentice Hall Corp
    2730 Gateway Oaks Dr Suite 100
    Sacramento, CA 95833

Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc
    Agent: Prentice Hall Corp
    2730 Gateway Oaks Dr Suite 100
    Sacramento, CA 95833

Experian Information Solutions Inc.
    Agent: C.T. Corporation Systems
    818 N. Seventh St
    Los Angeles, CA 90017

I gave the clerk of court the headquarters addresses for all three, but she just listed the Agent's address. Fine by me, I'm sure they'll get them and take notice. If something happens and the venue is wrong, I doubt they'd challenge it. If they do, I'll correct it and file again.

Tomorrow I am also sending copies of the complaint and settle offer to their headquarters addresses.

The more I think about it, I think the dispute I mentioned above is probably as a result of my demand letter. I doubt they were served in two days time, AND got their act together enough to start a dispute in such a short amount of time.

This time next week, I imaging I'll definetely see some signs though.

dan