lbrown59

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveyBoy, May 17, 2001.

1. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

lbrown59:

I'm not sure how to phrase this without coming across mean/rude/whatever, but your posts have been getting a little annoying lately.

"========There may be a better way to buy a car and make money in the process!"

This, and many other posts, are vague, antagonistic, empty remarks made after someone explains a problem or a situation.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but unless you have a useful response or insight to a problem or situation, please keep the "eyeore-like" comments to a minimum.

Who am I to ask this? Just someone trying to save time.

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

:)

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Labrown59,

It would be extremely helpful...as well as greatly appreciated...if you would refrain from quoting the entire post, only to be followed by a two or three word comment, such as I agree, sounds strange or any ideas. I use speech to read the screen and it would save time if I didn't have to listen to the repeat, especially if the post is still at the top.

Yes, I understand that sometimes part of a post needs to be quoted for clarification but it would really help to do it as infrequently as possible.

Thanks.

Donna

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Bravo:) Nicely put what needed to be said.

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mom.

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I don't post to annoy.

7. lbrown59

No they aren't.

Things may seem vague when complete details of a subject can not be covered in a single posting:

8. lbrown59

I do that.

==============================

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Ya see. You just did it again. Completely unnecessary. You made 3 postings where it could have been 1. Everything could have been adressed in 1 post. And again the 3 word answers.

10. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, LKH.

You're right. Lbrown59 could have easily combined the three posts and reading them would have been quicker and easier.

Donna

11. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I think he needs quiet time in the corner....

Any seconds?

:)

12. lbrown59

What should I do forward my post to certain posters for approval before posting it?

The post were an attempt to smooth things out .

You try to be decent and all it leads to is more griping and complaining.

Here is how I've decided to resolve things from this end:

I will say what I have to say . If it offends some so be it.

I can't please everybody -so will no longer try!

13. river

river Well-Known Member

A simple solution to the problem,work that "annoying/ "ignore"button and save that wasted space you are using (to "aggggg it on") for credit related post. BTW,nice guy here.Don't bash me,pleazzzzzzz.

14. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Your last post was perfect. You didn't quote and you put several sentences together in one post.

We haven't meant to offend...at least I haven't...but it's very frustrating to sift through several posts from you, where you've quoted most, if not all, of the text, only to find a two or three word comment or question. All we're asking for is a little cooperation so that life on the board will be easier.

We're interested in what you have to say. We just want you to make it easier for us to read and respond to your posts. You can either become angry...and it appears that you have...or you can learn from the situation and start posting more effectively. I hope you'll choose the latter alternative.

15. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

While I don't happen to like the multiple postings and excessive quoting, what I am reading from the others here is far more insulting to me. Who are you to tell him/her how to post.

Unless it is against the terms of Creditnet and he/she is not posting off topic/insulting-flame war/threatening/fire-in a movie theater- type things. This is a free country with freedom of speech. Not freedom of speech as long as it is on 8-1/2 by 11 college ruled, single spaced, correctly spelled pages.

At least it is for me, I am lucky to be posting from the USA and I live free or die by the U.S. Constitution. Creditnet also operates in the USA.

I completely agree with River here, if you don't like what someone says, add them to your ignore list instead of trying to make them post like you want them to.

Funny but what most comes to mind are ex-girlfriends ... "maybe I can change him and make just the way I want him to be." Never works! My 2 cents.

-Dave

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have just gotten use to the way the poster 'formerly known as lb' and presently called lbrown59 post. I mean he has been doing it for several months.