LDS Collections - parking tix

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sluz, Jan 26, 2001.

1. sluz

sluz Guest

Hi all...just got a letter in the mail from LDS Collections looking to collect $100 from a parking ticket in Wash, DC from 1996.

The ticket was for $105 and was paid - but apparently it was late so LDS is trying to collect on the $100 late fee.

Does anyone know if there's typcially a statute of limitation on parking tickets, OR how I might find that out?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: LDS Collections - parking

Can they PROVE it was late, and is $100.00 an acceptable late fee???

AND WE THOUGHT $29.00 LATE FEE WAS A
    RIP-OFF???

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

boy!

You betta pay them tickets.

sluz wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Hi all...just got a letter in the mail from LDS Collections looking to collect $100 from a parking ticket in Wash, DC from 1996.

The ticket was for $105 and was paid - but apparently it was late so LDS is trying to collect on the $100 late fee.

Does anyone know if there's typcially a statute of limitation on parking tickets, OR how I might find that out?

4. MandyB

MandyB Well-Known Member

Does anyone know

how this turned out? I couln't find Sluz in the member directory.

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Re: Does anyone know

The thread you dug up is about a year and a half old -- I don't know that we're going to see the outcome.

Maybe the LDS people converted him? :)

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

That "person" was PULLED~~~

User ID canceled...

7. MandyB

MandyB Well-Known Member

You're too funny! The reason that I am wondering is that the LDS, who are really called the LDC Collections, contacted me about a parking ticket supposedly from 1997. And they want the same $105. I know nothing about this ticket and wasn't even in DC in the entire year of '97 but I have a letter from them saying that they're going to submit derog info to the CRA's if I don't pay. I have worked far too hard for this to happen but I don't think that I should just pay money I don't owe either. That's why I was wondering if he was able to clear the matter up without paying. The $105 is for a $50 tix doubled plus a $5 "admin fee"

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CAN THEY PROVE IT WAS LATE???

Is $100.00 a legal late fee???

9. MandyB

MandyB Well-Known Member

No they can't prove it but for some reason that doesn't seem to matter. They're collecting. My newest angle is to see if they're licensed in my state which they are required to be if they want to debt collect here.